1985 Tercel Seattle

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
MM2car
My tercel:: 1985 4 WD wagon

1985 Tercel Seattle

Post by MM2car »

1985 3A-C 4WD Tercel (automatic)
115,000 miles

We bought this car in 1988 with 28,000 miles on it. Aside from road trips (Utah, California…) we don’t drive much, hence the low mileage.

This car developed a hesitation problem while we were living in Davis Ca several years ago, which seems connected to work done (most importantly EGR valve replacement) to pass Calif Smog. That problem has gotten worse lately. Power cuts out seriously when I put a load on it at low RPM. The problem is remedied by pinch-clamping the vacuum hoses on either side of what I think is the EGR valve vacuum sensor but now it idles a bit rough and seems to be running rich. It needs a definitive solution, possibly temp sensor or oxygen sensor (I am out of my league on this- can you tell?). :) We have two other cars and really don’t want or need three cars. This car has been a member of the family for 25 years and we would very much like to see it go to someone who has the expertise, time and motivation to deal with its various problems, listed below:

hesitation
leak on driver’s door (need to replace the plastic sheet inside the door)
rust/leak problem on driver’s rear quarter window
we painted it white (you want a white car in Utah)
driver’s side window mechanism was bent but has been fixed
upholstery in front has a few holes, especially the driver’s side
there are two bolts that attach the air filter housing to the valve cover- one of these sheared off recently
I hacked out a piece of trim around the right headlight during an argument with the headlight :)

Fundamentally the car is in good shape, drivable, has never been in an accident, and has received frequent and regular maintenance.

$500 cash please

We live in North Seattle

We have been members of the Forum for several years but have not posted much
IMG_1733 copycropsm.jpg
IMG_1734sm.jpg