Tercel spotting

Post here about...well...anything!
Starbug
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 4AC engine swap, original inclinometer, and an original hood ornament :-)

Tercel spotting

Post by Starbug »

Were any of you local WA guys in North Bend today (6/5) around 9:30am? I saw a silver '84 SR5 with a blue back hatch come into the Shell gas station off Exit 31 on I-90E. I had too many customers to deal with, so I couldn't run out to talk to the guy, and sadly he didn't come inside to buy snacks. :(
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Tercel spotting

Post by dlb »

totally not what you're talking about here but i just read your signature thing and wanted to tell you that my wife and i went and saw the theater production of 'wicked,' which is the story of the wizard of oz from the bad witch's perspective and it was AMAZING. i've never had any interest in theater and less in musicals but the vocal chops, the dancing, the clever and witty and touching script, the special effects...everything was top notch. tix here were $100 a pop and i know that's a lot but if you have a chance and can afford it, check it out. so dope.

sorry to hijack your thread.
Starbug
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 4AC engine swap, original inclinometer, and an original hood ornament :-)

Post by Starbug »

LOL, no worries. :-D

I think I remember hearing about that play quite a while back, but have heard nothing since. I'm not sure if it's still playing here in WA, or if it is still on it's way here. Sounds like a really interesting story, being told from the Bad Witch's point of view. I will keep an eye out for it in case it is still around (or on it's way here). I think I know just the person to go with me and see it. Thanks for the play review!
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 DLX 4WD

Post by ohcanada_00 »

Idina menzel has pipes...oh my god.... That and she's not one I would say is ugly. I want to see wicked, gets nothing but good reviews. And not to thread jack either..sorry!

On a related note, I was in ft stelicoom park yesterday and saw three tercels in the parking lot! No one was around them though
Last edited by ohcanada_00 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any car which holds together for an entire race is entirely too heavy" -Colin Chapman

84' DLX with 6 speed (the project beast) 'Tora'
84' SR5 'Tori' (the daily driver)
08' Scion xB
04' Kawasaki Z1000
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

OK - Pac NWST guys pay special attention to this .jpg thingie!
This is to stick under the windshield wipers of "New T-Wagon Spottings."
I'm also making this a Sticky in the General Forum.
Someone whose name unfortunately escapes me (and his attachment as well) made this up several years ago. I just expanded on it and added some info.
Insert your own info in the "red" areas as desired.
Two forms are available from each 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.
I've only used it a few times here in STL, but some of you guys see many more than do I.
Tom M.

Left-click to enlarge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Starbug
Top Notch Member

Post by Starbug »

Cool flyer, Tom. Thanks! I remember seeing similar flyers by the other guy you are refering to. I have never seen a parked Tercel; they've always been driving in the opposite direction of me whenever I see one. One day I need to find a way to have a printer in this tiny computer space of mine so that I can make a couple copies of these flyers just in case I actually do happen to catch a parked Tercel.