Treasure Trove of Tercels ?

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Re: Treasure Trove of Tercels ?

Post by toughtercel »

my fences are above 7 ft high , reason we still insurance the FWD because she doesn't drive manual ( Automantic only)
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

Mattel wrote:What exactly is the collective Noun for more than one Tercel4wd?.. A "Trove" sounds pretty good.
A "trove" usually refers to something valuable. it could apply if you consider the Tercel valuable, but clearly that is a matter of option, just ask my wife.

From Dictionary.com:
trove
1888, from treasure trove (1550), from Anglo-Fr. tresor trové (1190), translating L. thesaurus inventus , lit. "treasure found." Originally any precious metal object one finds hidden whose owner is unknown. As this usually meant ancient hordes, the term came to mean "treasure horde" in popular use. Rendered treasure found from 1467.

also:

treas·ure-trove
   /ˈtrɛʒərˌtroʊv/ Show Spelled[trezh-er-trohv] Show IPA
–noun
anything of the nature of treasure or a treasury that one finds: Mother's attic was a treasure-trove of memorabilia.
Law . any money, bullion, or the like, of unknown ownership, found hidden in the earth or any other place: in the absence of statutory provisions to the contrary it may be kept by the finder.
Use treasure-trove in a Sentence
See images of treasure-trove
Search treasure-trove on the Web
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English < Anglo-French tresor trové found treasure. See treasure, trover

One does not usually find a Tercel buried in the ground. However a Tercel is a female hawk, so perhaps "flock", or maybe "gaggle" as in "gaggle of geese", I like that.

I have a gaggle of Tercels in my yard right now, trying to help Bluebell's mom fix poor little bluebell. Will post later, but we found a rather interesting failure once we got the head off of it. IT needs a new engine, so we are install one now. Lucky we found one in Arlington for the taking.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Gender confusion about the Tercel (bird, not the car):
The traditional term for a male falcon is tercel (British spelling) or tiercel (American spelling), from Latin tertius = third because of the belief that only one in three eggs hatched a male bird.[2][3] Some sources give the etymology as deriving from the fact that a male falcon is approximately one third smaller than the female[4] (Old French tiercelet).
The things you learn from Wikipedia - like we should spell it with an "i" in the USA.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Falcons don't flock...though they might be monogamous? So there are no "group" names for a bunch of falcons?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...