Looking to Buy an Nice Tercel

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
tobiastercel
My tercel:: Earnestly Scouting

Looking to Buy an Nice Tercel

Post by tobiastercel »

Hi I am new the this forum
My name is tobias

When I was a kid, my family bought a tercel 4wd and it was a beast and a half
now that i am thinking of starting my own family, I would very much like to have a nice and solid tercel of my own

if anyone in the vicinity of Spokane, WA would like to sell there tercel 4wd let me know
i am willing to spend if the car is calling for it
thanks for the help in advance

tobias
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Looking to Buy an Nice Tercel

Post by Petros »

Welcome to the list!

You can find them if you are willing to travel. There is a really nice one available in CA, see the posting. Search all the local Craig's lists, including in Idaho, they come available regularly.

Consider that these great little cars are getting quite old, so even one in good shape will need a fair amount maintenance. As gasket, seals, hoses and other parts age they will start to fail more frequently. If you can do your own maintenance than these will be great little economical 4x4 cars to own, but if you can not fix it your self it can eat you up in both minor and major repairs.

I have a blue '86 that I am fixing up to sell, I am about 4 hours drive from you. It is not quit ready to sell, but the interior is like new, the body fair (some peeling paint on the roof), and mechanically it will be in perfect running order once I am done with it. PM me if you are interested.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
tobiastercel
My tercel:: Earnestly Scouting

Re: Looking to Buy an Nice Tercel

Post by tobiastercel »

Thanks petros

I think I could be very interested in what you have.
If/when you get her all finished and ready to sell, send some pics my way and we will go from there.

and thanks for the welcome
tobias