1985 4WD Tercel Wagon for sale

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ChannelZ28
My tercel:: 1985 toyota tercel sr5

1985 4WD Tercel Wagon for sale

Post by ChannelZ28 »

I am selling my 85 tercel wagon. same one everyone else has, you guys know all the specs. i bought it in new mexico and drove it out to lake tahoe california, where i live now (thanks to people who answered my post about making the drive.) it drove out here fine, no problems. it runs good. i had it checked out before the trip and the mechanic said it needs a front driver's side bushing, but nothing else. i put new tires on it before i left, so they only have about 1500 miles on them. they are cheapie tires. i dont need it here in california and i have been doing research on smog tests and decided there is no way it will pass without putting more money into it then its worth.

if someone wants it, i will take best offer. i think its worth about $150-200 at a junkyard, but it seems kind of a shame to junk a car that runs as good as it does. if anyone wants to offer above $200, let me know. i am a tahoe ski bum and my ski season pass is blacked out from dec 27-31. so also, if someone wants it from far away, i would be happy to drive it to you during those days if you want to cover my travel expenses, and assuming the weather isnt too nasty.

the car has 235k miles, 6 speed manual. runs good. a fair amount of rust in the normal places, i have pictures i can email to you if you want them. interior is in decent shape. i think there are some holes in the muffler, but it sounds good. starts on the first try every time. 3rd gear is a bit funky, wont downshift into third happily. the front window doesnt go up or down and tends to always be open about a half inch. has a slight leak about where the rearview mirror is. rear driver's side taillight cover is broken and there is a small dent in the body there also. some other small things dont work.

if you are interested, please email me at ChannelZ28@gmail.com. please ask as many questions as you want with as many details as you want. i will reply with the same. then, if you are seriously interested, leave me your phone number and i will call you. please be patient with my returning your email, i dont check it every day. but i never answer my phone. so email me. thanks for reading.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 1985 4WD Tercel Wagon for sale

Post by Petros »

That sounds like an excellent buy, even with the minor issues. If no one on the list is interested we might be able to work something out. I can come down drive back here to sell it, where they are still popular and fairly common.

Can you post some pictures of it here on the Tercel list?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ChannelZ28
My tercel:: 1985 toyota tercel sr5

Post by ChannelZ28 »

could you kindly tell me how to post pictures here? or give me your email and i will send them to you.
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by 4wdchico »

I'm interested, but I would be pulling out the trans to rebuild & salvaging and storing a bunch of other parts. Then the shell would be recycled. So, in the interest of keeping it on the road, I'll defer to Petros or anyone else here who wishes to keep it rolling.

However, I live in Norcal, and getting to South Lake would be easy for me.
deejay1272
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Navy Blue Tercel Wagon SR5 4x4 now with Weber 32/36!

Post by deejay1272 »

ChannelZ28 wrote:could you kindly tell me how to post pictures here? or give me your email and i will send them to you.

Just set up an account at www.photobucket.com, load photos, and paste the IMG link into any post and your photos will show up nicely.
---------------------------------------------------------
Beefsteak when I'm hungry, whiskey when I'm dry
Greenbacks when I'm hard up, heaven when I die