automatic 4WD DLX in port alberni, BC

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

automatic 4WD DLX in port alberni, BC

Post by dlb »

been looking at this one for a while. kind of want it because a) i'd love to have an automatic vehicle for city driving and b) i want another terc just in case something ever happens to mine. there's no way i can really justify it though so i'm undecided. front fenders are rotted but he has new ones to go with the car. i'd make an offer if i went for it at all.

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1970991123.html

he sent me some pics:

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: automatic 4WD DLX in port alberni, BC

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Now that's an interesting color! Not the two-tone treatment, but the primary color. It's way nicer than the Topaz (gold) of previous years (unless - it's just the way Topaz appears in B.C. sunlight). It's always surprising the way the body-color window frames adds to the car on these later models; the greenhouse looks a lot more integrated - Sweet!
And it has a luggage cover as well!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

i agree on both points, tom. i actually like the brown (especially with the orange stripes), it's strange how toyota only got some decent colours together for the last year or two of production. and i actually didn't even notice the matched window frames until you said it! i'm sure that's part of what makes it look so interesting too.

i've got the luggage cover for ron but it stays in the basement. i have no use for it but you can bet your balls i'm not tossing it.
daniel WD
My tercel:: 1987 4WD

Post by daniel WD »

Is it still for sale?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

don't know, i haven't talked to the guy in a while. i can send you his # through a private message if you want.