Immaculate? Pricey, too, Longmont CO

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Immaculate? Pricey, too, Longmont CO

Post by hberdan »

Not my car, don't know anything about it, except that it's a bit pricey for my tastes.
Otoh, it has very low mileage; if it was post 1985, I'd want one like it~!

http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/2028646589.html
1983 Toyota Tercel SR-5 Wagon 4WD
Manual Transmision
Great in snow!
27 MPG
1 owner
123,500 Actual Miles
Very well maintained, new tires and battery

Exceptional shape

$3500 or best offer

Call 303-774-0709 after 4:30PM MST
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Immaculate? Pricey, too, Longmont CO

Post by ARCHINSTL »

$3500 - WOW!
Check back on the seller periodically and let us know what it goes for.
Or at least find out what kind of agricultural product he uses...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

Isn't this the same one that was trying to sell this ~ 6 months ago for $2500? Lives in the Longmont/Erie area, serious smoked in interior if I remember. Guy's way out of line. Try this one-$1000.
sale-haeb7-2031181469@craigslist.org
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites
Matt Starbuck
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 4WD Bone stock right now getting her back into factory running condition!

Post by Matt Starbuck »

I debated going down to look at that one as well when I started looking for mine. I think $3500 is a bit steep, if it had like 19K original miles maybe from a collector standpoint. I don't see these cars as anything more than reliable workhorses. I paid $900 for mine. Gimme $2600 worth of upgrades and see where mine is compared to that one. This guy also needs to understand we are in a massive recession, things are worth pennies on the dollar. He might get $2k if he finds a buyer who is dying for a low mile 4wd Tercel. It's been on craigslist for a long long time and it probably will stay there till he gets a grip on things.
86 Tercel SR5 4X4 6spd Bone stock in restoration mode.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

buying used sh*t is an interesting thing. if the seller has all the time in the world than he has the upper hand because he can afford to wait for someone to come along who will pay the asking price. if that occurs, than the car was in fact "worth" the price. if the seller has limited time to sell the item and can't get the price he wants for it in that time frame, it was then "not worth" the price. it's such a sliding scale and it blows me away because you know SOMEBODY out there would probably actually pay that much for this tercel, given the right time and place for that person to come along. personally, i think if the car is mint, has had regular maintenance by a professional mechanic, and has been driven like a cream puff its whole life, it's probably is worth that price. i'm a cheap bastard though, would never pay that much for one, and think this guy is out to lunch if he plans on selling that car before 2015. by that time inflation will have made $3500 a reasonable price for a used car.

on another note...it's yet another petros-mobile! i've never seen one before, and now they're coming out of the woodwork! weird.