For Sale in Portland, OR area

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
deejay1272
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Navy Blue Tercel Wagon SR5 4x4 now with Weber 32/36!

For Sale in Portland, OR area

Post by deejay1272 »

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1890758612.html

Sounds like a winner to me! One could probably fix this one quickly and have a daily driver for years to come.

-----------------Ad text--------------------------------------
IF you are reading the ad , the car is still for sale . I'm selling my 84 Toyota Tercel 4wheel drive wagon . I originally bought this back in 2003 with 158 thousand miles on it . I have done alot of work to it including Installing a rebuilt Transmission ( 6speed ) from Rising Sun engines .New clutch , pressure plate , throw out bearing and flywheel resurfacing , new engine rear main seal KYB srtuts and shocks , alternotor ( Bosch ) and voltage regulator , New Factory Toyota carburator , New vacume lines , timing belt and tensioner , water pump , 2 core radiator .

I sold it to a friend last year and he drove it for 8 months and then he wanted to sell it as they had another kid and needed a mini van . So I bought it back thinking I'd keep it around for a winter / camping car . Well It needs some more work like a front pump seal for the oil pump ( leaks oil BAD) and the steering rack needs rebuilt as it makes a clunk noise going over bumps . IT'S NOT the cv joints cause they are fairly recent .

The car has 176 thousand on it now and the tags are still good for another year . Has good tires and brakes on it .Still runs and drives good but the oil leak and the steering need to be addressed . I just installed new bocsh platnium +4 plugs and did a compression test . all 4 cylinders are in the 180-185 psi range as the were when I did the test at 158k . I'd fix it and sell it for way more because I've seen some of the highmile POS tercels on CL going for $1000+ .

If you are Mecanically inclined and have the tools you could do all the work and spend about $200 cash and have the issues fixed . I have other things to get fixed around here and I don't have the time or Money to spend on the Tercel . It will run and drive to it's new location but the issues really need to be fixed before being a daily driver .

Price is $500 cash ( no checks of any kind and no wire transfers ) and not a penny less SO that means the price is firm also means that the car won't leave my driveway with out $500 cash in my hand !! NO TRADES , NO SHIPPING ! Serious people only PLEASE ! NO tire kickers , time wasters or scrapers . If I wanted the money that bad I would have scraped it myself . Thank's for looking and I hope it get's a good home . Please leave me a phone number to contact back . No phone number no responce from me .
---------------------------------------------------------
Beefsteak when I'm hungry, whiskey when I'm dry
Greenbacks when I'm hard up, heaven when I die