Front Bumper Cover/ Re enforcement

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Crashmachine
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota tercel 4WD SR5 wagon; no mods needed. 1994 Toyota Tercel; 4efte 10psi

Front Bumper Cover/ Re enforcement

Post by Crashmachine »

I was involved in an accident back in early may and i am in need of a front bumper cover/ re-enforcement assembly. I have been having a hard time finding one or someone who wants to part with theirs. I would rather buy a used assembly before i have to buy new stuff. I'm also looking for the left headlight assembly and turn signal assembly. I have a 1987 wagon so the lights will only work for that year. As for the bumper i really dont know, but if needed ill make it work.

I am located in central illinois and was wondering if anyone knew where there was a wagon in a junk yard in the midwest or if anyone near here would be willing to sell me the bumper assembly. I am willing to drive far to come pick it up. So if you have one but live far away please PM me any ways.

Any info would be great cuz i am desperate to get my wagon back on the road and not looking like a P.O.S.

Thanks
Its what you do when sh*t happens that makes you who you are.
kinda weird that i'm only one year older than my wagon..
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Front Bumper Cover/ Re enforcement

Post by Petros »

We have a wrecking yard with 6 tercel4wd here with what you need. It would likely cost about $100 just to ship a bumper however from the Seattle area. However, the front bumpers are the same for all the years, and also the same for the 2wd hatchback and sedan too, so look for a front bumper for any '83-86 Tercel. The rear bumpers are different, but the fronts are all the same.

That head light assembly is hard to come by and expensive, sometimes they show up on Ebay. You could find the '83-86 seal beam headlights assembly and just switch the one side temporarily (much more common and easier to get the older headlight). Or replace the whole front grill assembly: the side markers, headlights, trim and grill (it will all switch back and forth). I have all that stuff in my garage I will sell you cheap if you want to go that way.

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

This may not be much help - but last year someone was selling a front cover in IL via eBay. As I recall, he may have been a salvage yard, as he was listing other models/cars covers. You might do an eBay Search for "bumpers" and narrow it down by the state of the seller.
As far as I know, all Gen II Tercels, regardless of body, used the same bumper.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

hi, bumper for 4WD and bumper from 3DR hatchback/ FWD s.w look different at the very top of the bumper
Last edited by toughtercel on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

hope pictures work , i am bit of rookie
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

RE Photobucket - go back and copy the third line, which starts with "IMG," then paste that to your post. Then the photos will appear in the original post. Clicking to the "http" gives only a link to Photobucket.

According to the EPC in our "Parts" forum, the covers for the sedans and wagons are the same - #52119A. If they are identical, then why wouldn't they fit, even if the grilles are different?
Tom M.
EDIT:
Again according to the EPC...the reinforcement and shock absorbing components are the same as the Gen II sedans...
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

ohh by reading his grammer , I thought he looking for a BUMPER or is it just a cover to cover the damage bumper , just in case if he can't find 87 head light there a chance to convert older style headlight and grill , remain the same fender/hood and bumper.Could you check the parts number on BUMPER compare with 4WD and hatchback to see if differ, I have FWD on my driveway, they are hidden differ (at very top of the bumper) ,i don't have camera with me to prove it , my family took cameras for camping without me .
Crashmachine
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota tercel 4WD SR5 wagon; no mods needed. 1994 Toyota Tercel; 4efte 10psi

Post by Crashmachine »

Thank you for all of your insight.

I need the whole front bumper, re-enforcement and all. I priced out a new headlight through toyota and its 142$ my cost, and thats with the bracket too.

I really want to stick my front. I think it looks a little better, but ill keep you in mind if i have to go that route..
Its what you do when sh*t happens that makes you who you are.
kinda weird that i'm only one year older than my wagon..