FS: 86 Tercel 4wd SR5

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Re: FS: 86 Tercel 4wd SR5

Post by scotisha »

Man I wish I wasn't working so much because I never have time to check the Site. I would have snapped that Tercel up quick! I think that it has everything on it that I would ever want. Did you sell it to someone in Vic?
Driver: '86 4wd Tercel Wagon
Fun: '98 BMW M3 sedan

Now I have the best of both worlds!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

scotisha wrote:Man I wish I wasn't working so much because I never have time to check the Site. I would have snapped that Tercel up quick! I think that it has everything on it that I would ever want. Did you sell it to someone in Vic?
Doh! Yup, sold it to a guy from Victoria. He's going to restore the body and keep the thing on the road. I got $850 for it in the end.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Barto
Top Notch Member

Post by Barto »

And this is what it looks like now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D still have to finish the lift in the front and then start at the body work

2001 Subaru Forester 2.5
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Awesome!! Nice to see it lifted, and I like the rims. Welcome to the forums man. Can't wait to see the car when the body work is done too.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Post by scotisha »

Yep those rims are pretty sweet. What are they from?

Congrats on the buy and welcome! Another rocking tercel in Victoria? I have a friend in Vic who is always seeing Homeskool's yellow terc. Do you live in Vic or upIsland?

toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

scotisha wrote:Man I wish I wasn't working so much because I never have time to check the Site. I would have snapped that Tercel up quick! I think that it has everything on it that I would ever want. Did you sell it to someone in Vic?

i know Alberta is hard to find good tercel just as same in B.C. but there are still few rust free , so any way if you really need nice Tercel 4WD , i just bought one at WASHINGTON by "craigslist" lucky it was close to the boarder but at Seattle , you will have no problem finding them , there are alots for sale and very few rust , it hard to trust some one on-line but it worth it .
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Post by scotisha »

Good call. I plan on moving back to Vic/Van this year so it will be easy to hop across the border and grab one. How hard was it to import it? Just have to pass an inspection? Where there any taxes and such?

toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

ok first the good news when buying car in STATE weither private or dealer there NO sale tax and you can make good OBO bargain , you tell the dealer taking across the boarder ,he like that so he can avaoid taxes too.
1)when buying a car, make sure there no tiny crack on front windsheild ( will fail )worst part no deductable plan (uninsurance)
2)after buying the car , fill the US costom form , make copy of TITLE and SALE SLIP , drop it at US custom boarder and wait till 72 hrs (on weeks day only)P.S. you keep the ORIGNAL TITLE and SALE SLIP
3)not all US boarder allow acrossing ,very few, it better call US STATE verfied area
4) if there mechanical problem that ok , you can drive it home and fix it (save $$$)
5) $120.00 CD for inspection if they find problem, just let them fix it and be nice to them ( that why better fix at home first)
6)ACROSS CANADIAN BOARDER you pay (GST) and export tax 6.8% because car made from japan ( no export tax if made from USA)
7)here the worst part , if car come with A/C, have to pay extra $100 tax , if broken ,you can take it out, throw away ,then you can save $100 ,it up to you
AND LAST PART(8)once all done , you must drive it to AUTO-PLAN to insurance , they will check VIN number to match and what the body look like , no damage ,or !! that the final tax (PST) when regirastion and now "yeehaahooo" drive all over the country

** buying a car from private , they leave the STATE plate on the car and ask them not to cancal it , so you can drive it to the boarder and in Canada too , just be careful not to hit.
buying a car from DEALER you must get the TITLE of this can so youy can get a day permit to drive home and again day paermit to inspection gaegae if over nighjt then again to auto plan( can get three day permit because car from STATE **
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Post by scotisha »

Coolio! Methinks that I might need to take a roadtrip to Arizona or someother rust-free state to pick myself up a beauty. There was someone in Edmonton who did that and was selling it but they wanted $3500! I tried to talk her down to $2000 but no luck :(.

toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

right now auto plan in B.C. as 25 years and older classified as ANTIQUE , seller can sell what ever they want , i saw the auction bidding on lates 70's honda and toyota for over 10 grand , might be orginal paint and low millage .
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Post by scotisha »

Wasn't there someone in Van selling a Tercel for $12k or something like that last year? The one in Edmonton at 116k miles on it. She did a bunch of work to it and wants to recoupe her costs.