They have 4WD tercel's on computers now?

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
man_in_plaid

They have 4WD tercel's on computers now?

Post by man_in_plaid »

This is awesome! a website dedicated to 4WD tercels! I got my first one this past summer, bought it off me aunt, who fixed it up after my grandma had written it off. completely redun body (even though someone dented my door in a hit and run) looks great, and run's even better. I'm gonna be chequing these posts very often. Just thought i'd introduce myself.

My ride is a 1984 tercel wagon 4WD, only 100000K when purchased. only upgrades to it (so far) are a CD player and two kenwood rear speaker, it originally had no rear speakers.

Eventual upgrades: Tinted windows, possibly a subwoofer

Dream upgrades: Hyrdolic shocks, think nothing would be cooler than a low-rider tercel.
"Someone ordered a London Symphony Orchestra, possibly while HIGH... Cypress Hill i'm looking in your direction..."
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

Welcome, and can I be the first to say PICS!! WE NEED PICS!! :wink:

There's a couple other people up in your neck of the woods on here, so you're in good company.
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Another Canadian, but we need another one in the East! I hink I'm the only guy on here who lives in the Maritimes!

Great Simpsons sig too, welcome to the boards! And Mickey's right, pics!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Post by scotisha »

Another Albertan! Woo hoo! or I guess I should sa Yee Ha! I am in Grande Prairie and I am really glad that I have the tercel this winter! I think that my other vehicle would have given up and just flipped over!

Welcome to the forums and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do.
Driver: '86 4wd Tercel Wagon
Fun: '98 BMW M3 sedan

Now I have the best of both worlds!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Hey scotisha, do you have a high res version of your avatar pic? It looks like it might be a good wallpaper for my computer.
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

...It looks like it might be a good wallpaper for my computer.
I've been using one of GTSSporteCoupe's pics of Nitinat lake as my wallpaper for quite a while - both at home and at work. Thanks GTS! I find it very peaceful and relaxing. It's the one of the lake with the rocky point in the foreground and the treed point further away. Real easy viewing, for my wife and I at least...
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

waynehoc wrote:
...It looks like it might be a good wallpaper for my computer.
I've been using one of GTSSporteCoupe's pics of Nitinat lake as my wallpaper for quite a while - both at home and at work. Thanks GTS! I find it very peaceful and relaxing. It's the one of the lake with the rocky point in the foreground and the treed point further away. Real easy viewing, for my wife and I at least...
I'm honoured!! Hey, I'll email you a higher res version that has been fixed (original was over exposed - photoshop fixed that). I don't consider it a real great photo, but I'm certainly glad you enjoy it.

This reminds me, I should start a 'tercel calendar' thread, in which people can post their favorite high res picture of their car. Maybe some day we'll get a calendar done...
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

Thanks GTSSporteCoupe, got it, and it looks great. Reminds me of the years I lived on the Island - early '60's thru mid '80's - in Victoria from 1977 thru early 1985 - great place to live - loved it there!

Wayne
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Post by scotisha »

Hey DCN, I have a bunch of pic uploaded on my flickr site, I think this link will get you there:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotisha/s ... 231107244/

If not just go to .../scotisha/ and find the 'tercel' set on the right side of the screen.

I really enjoy GTSSporteCoupe's pics too. The nice vistas and the fairly un-rusty tercel make for great shots. When I was on the Island I loved whipping out the backroads mapbook and seeing how lost I could get ;).

Good idea with the calendar GTSSporteCoupe. I think that I will start a thread on favorite tercel picture.

And man_in_plaid, I am still waiting for those pics (I tend to get really bored at work and probably check the board a couple times a day.) I got a camcorder for xmas and I can't wait until it snows again to get some tercel vids.
Driver: '86 4wd Tercel Wagon
Fun: '98 BMW M3 sedan

Now I have the best of both worlds!