Rear Spring Possibilities?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
thebigbread
Top Notch Member

Post by thebigbread »

Mac wrote:I'm going to go with some Eibach's for an AE-86 corolla. I've never heard if they will fit for sure, But i'm sure they will.
please do tell us if they do, i've heard this rumor many times and have never seen any results.
1984 2wd wagon, "bottle rocket": http://www.myspace.com/1984tercel
1995 Isuzu TFR-S, "Shorty": no cardomain page yet
jammin1911
Top Notch Member

Post by jammin1911 »

Typrus wrote:.... This is just a reference shot of the size difference between factory and Monroe's, but you can see how the spring is seperated.

Spring size could be completely independant of shock size. Its all in mounting location. And considering that I think the RAV4 has independant rear, its quite possible that the springs are very different. I really can't say definitively offhand though.
Ahh, thanks for clearing this up. If I had even looked at my rear suspension I would have realized what the complication is here - I totally didn't even consider that it's not a coil over set up in the rear. (or whatever that is called).

This makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for the pic :)
jammin1911
Top Notch Member

Post by jammin1911 »

Guys, I sent a bunch of messages a while back to different local suppliers in order to hope one of them could work some magic and source some rear springs for these cars. (I neglected to mention they were hard to find and let them figure it out for themselves *grin*)

One of then replied with the following:

1986 TOYOTA TERCEL WAGON SR5 (4 DOOR / AWD / 1.5L / STD)

SHOCKS / STRUTS REPLACEMENT (STOCK):

UNS 81498
Shock Absorber - Ultra Ride - Rear
$54.45 EACH

Any idea what this is and if it will work?? :)
neonsport
Top Notch Member

Post by neonsport »

jammin1911 wrote:Guys, I sent a bunch of messages a while back to different local suppliers in order to hope one of them could work some magic and source some rear springs for these cars. (I neglected to mention they were hard to find and let them figure it out for themselves *grin*)

One of then replied with the following:

1986 TOYOTA TERCEL WAGON SR5 (4 DOOR / AWD / 1.5L / STD)

SHOCKS / STRUTS REPLACEMENT (STOCK):

UNS 81498
Shock Absorber - Ultra Ride - Rear
$54.45 EACH

Any idea what this is and if it will work?? :)
That's a stock replacement Gabriel shock absorber, not a spring.