lucky buy

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
brian

lucky buy

Post by brian »

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Please recheck - the link did not work - at least for me.
Thanks,
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
brian

try again

Post by brian »

sorry iam new to this .thelink to photo bucket does not work for me
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Hey - it took me I-won't-tell-you-how-long to figure it out.
Did you try just going to http://www.photobucket.com and reading the tutorial? That feature is new to the site.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
brian

try again

Post by brian »

try my link again and see if it does work, let me know .thanks brian
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

it worked for me. is this a new purchase for you ?? details ? :D
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
brian

new buy

Post by brian »

bought from my neighbor who had in garage . bought it new in 85, his wife passed he wanted to move to apartment. i had seen the car driving buy for years .he came buy my house when i was putting a engine in my sons sportage and ask if i wanted it .64000 original miles int like new 5 speed air am/fm cassete pirielle 13 inch tires all manuals and repair manuals he bought when new owners manuall had option to buy manuals all records of work done .not mutch onlyrust hole in gas tank if filled over 3/4filled .wont need to fix yet tank fill last 2 weeks ilove the car i just bought a 2000 ranger 2 weeks before tercel it will stay parked or sold . just waiting for snow to try 4 wd best 300$ i ever spent brian
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

The transmissions are 6spd instead of 5spd. The 6th gear is an extra low granny gear for 4wd. I've never put mine to the test, but guys say they'll climb like a mountain goat. Congrats on the purchase....sounds like you got a great deal, and it's incredible to find one with that low of mileage. It'd probably be well worth fixing the rust on it, esp. if you could do the work yourself.
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you got a good deal. Hope you are happy with the car; it really is a very capable little machine.

As far as the hole in your gas tank, I had the same problem with my 86 when I bought it. This happens because mud tends to build up near the filler hose and eventually rusts through the filler hose and tank. When I cleaned all the mud and rust flakes off my old tank, I could see pin holes through the tank everywhere. I bought a new used tank from a wrecker to replace mine. First thing I did was clean the new tank really well. I gave it a coat of matt black tremclad rust inhibiting paint. After that dried, I sprayed it with 1/2" or so of some rubber rock guard protection stuff (the same thing people spray in their wheel wells etc. to protect against rust). Havent' had any problems since.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
brian

thanks

Post by brian »

thanks on the comments and the advice on how to prepare the gas tank will stay in touch and enjoy the posts in all areas of this site .thanks newbie brian