Does anyone have $10,000 I can borrow?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... gory=18290' target='_blank'>http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... y=18290</a>

This Tercel in Germany has the 'integrated front protection system' with a front bumper with built in fog lights, driving lights and an electric winch!!

Ebay question for seller: "How much is shipping to Canada"
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Does anybody know how to get alot of money really fast, without having to spend alot of time? If I had both money and time, I would win this car, buy a return ticket to Germany and take off the bumpers, headlights, rear 3-point seatbelt hardware, Euro-style steering wheel, side markers, and other small things and bring them back with me to Canada. Just looking at that front bumper gives me the motivation I need to get ahead in life.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Okay, I've just breathed for the first time since viewing that auction
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

lol, i can barely read the german! The car looks nice though :lol: However, shipping charges would probably cost more than the car so...stick to US and Canada salez :P
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Hey,

I want that inclinometer! The bumper looks like it's good for light pollution and to infringe the United States' craptacular lighting standards. Hey, no more lighting problems! :D
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

The car's body is crap, I just want the bumpers and headlights. I actually like the US model inclinometers better. A german one did come up on ebay not to long ago, but I passed. If I had money, I would buy this car.
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

That is amazing! Why do Europe and Japan always get the cool stuff? We get everything toned down here in North America.

If that was a popular option, it might be possible to contact wreckers in Europe, buy the parts, and have them ship them. It would still cost lots, and would be hard to justify though. Probably not many wreckers would be willing to ship international, but you never know.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Guest_Fingers

Post by Guest_Fingers »

Yeah, that bumper is pretty nice.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

It sold for 560 Euro, less than $1000 Canadain. Mind you the body is crap, but that is not alot of money for what's probably the finest trim of 4WD that they made. The 4WD was very popular in Germany. Those bumpers were actually made for Toyota by a German company 'Haslbeck' which I can't find any information on.
Advanced Member

Post by Guest »

Just had a look at this car. I love the Bumper. The Inclinometer is the same as mine here in Australia. I have mounted 2 spotlights much the same as those ones under the bumper of my car. I have cut out a v in the plastic grill there and mounted them. They look quite neat and do not protrude out from the front of the car. I would send a pic but i don't know how. i tried to drag and drop but that doesnt work. just visit my yahoo group tercel4x4
<a href='http://yahoo.com/group/tercel4x4' target='_blank'>http://yahoo.com/group/tercel4x4</a>
I have got a few of my pics in there! Go check em out. More to Come!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

icE wrote:lol, i can barely read the german! 
Try this translator?

<a href='http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/' target='_blank'>http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/</a>

This:

Sie bieten hier auf einen Toyota Tercel. Das Auto hat an den Radläufen an beiden Seiten Rost, die Roststellen habe ich mit Rostschutzfarbe übermalt, darum schauen sie ganz so rot aus. Der Toyota hat Allrad und ist im Winter einfach genial zu fahren. Da er nur 75 PS hat ist er auch für Anfänger optimal. An der Heckklappe ist das Schloss kaputt, aber sonst ist alles in Ordnung. Er hat auch noch TÜV und AU bis Juli 2004. Der Tercel hat auch eine Anhängerkupplung und eine Anhängelast von 1400 kg. Außerdem ist ein GKat eingebaut. cm²: 1442 Kw: 50 Es ist erwünscht, dass Sie das Auto Probefahren und vor dem Kauf anschauen. Er ist recht günstig in der Steuer. Ich habe für 7 Monate 80,00 Euro bezahlt. Da es eine Privatauktion ist, kann ich leider keine Garantie übernehmen. Es lohnt sich!!! Bei Fragen einfach Mailen.

To this:

They offer here on a Toyota Tercel. The car has the rust places at the wheel arches at both sides rust, has I with rust protection color over-old, therefore they look completely so red out. The Toyota has all wheel and is in the winter simply ingeniously to be driven. There it only 75 HP has is optimal it also for beginners. At the rear flap the lock is broken, but otherwise everything is correct. It has also still TUEV and OUTER ONE to July 2004. The Tercel has also a trailer coupling and a trailer weight of 1400 kg. In addition a GKat is inserted. cm²: 1442 KW: 50 it is desired that you look at the car sample driving and before the purchase. It is quite favorable in the tax. I paid 80.00 euro for 7 months. Since it is a private auction, I can unfortunately take over no warranty. It is worthwhile itself!!! With questions simply Mailen.

Now, doesn't that make some sense?????
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

mm euro lights...
DontFive

Post by DontFive »

Hey, I hate to bring up such an archaic thread, but does anyone have a picture of the bumper/lights that you were talking about in this thread? I am looking/thinking up ideas for the Tercel and I really want to see this. Thanks,

-Paul

(again sorry for bringing up a year-and-a-half old thread)
Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever.
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

DontFive wrote:Hey, I hate to bring up such an archaic thread, but does anyone have a picture of the bumper/lights that you were talking about in this thread? I am looking/thinking up ideas for the Tercel and I really want to see this. Thanks,

-Paul

(again sorry for bringing up a year-and-a-half old thread)
Probably these:
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Not exactly...

RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew