!?#@$!#@%!$# MR2

Post here about...well...anything!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

!?#@$!#@%!$# MR2

Post by Typrus »

1989.... White.... NO RUST... T-BAR.... MR2, non-supercharged in perfect shape with 121,000 on the clock. Engine runs great, never pops out of any gear........ 8 rims, all the white 3-spoke-split-spoke Enkei's.... New tires... 5-Speed Manual...

$2000. Firm.

Folks accuse me of being a moron for attempting to figure out how I could own this pristine thing... "Another one will come along..." But not for this cheap for having little miles+ZERO rust!
Apparently I am foolish because I am trying hard to get what I want, with my own money... Well, I don't have cash, but to get a loan through the folks and pay with my work. And they go and buy a damn $21k truck that has needed tons of work. They buy a 20-something grand camper we barely use. They buy a 24 foot 350-V8 equipped ski-boat and pay an obscene amount to rent a slip at the local lake marina to park it at just to ride every other or third weekend. And they complain about how I need to save and not worry about excess.
I know I'm ranting.
I want a car I can get on the highway safely when loaded with. I want a car that can get 40mpg. I also want something more fun.

Ugh........ The thing I ABSOLUTELY H-A-T-E the most is that as much as they are hippocritical arses sometimes.... They are 100% correct...
Blast it all..... I want to take advantage of this rare opportunity, but....

Sorry for the rant... I'm just pissed.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

hey, Typrus......if you're not going to purchase this car....could you pass on the information to me ?? I'd love to pick up one of these in good shape.

Thanks,
MM
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Re: !?#@$!#@%!$# MR2

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Ouch! I know how that feels. My wife does the same thing to me with cars and car parts. Drives me nuts.

Nick
Typrus wrote:1989.... White.... NO RUST... T-BAR.... MR2, non-supercharged in perfect shape with 121,000 on the clock. Engine runs great, never pops out of any gear........ 8 rims, all the white 3-spoke-split-spoke Enkei's.... New tires... 5-Speed Manual...

$2000. Firm.

Folks accuse me of being a moron for attempting to figure out how I could own this pristine thing... "Another one will come along..." But not for this cheap for having little miles+ZERO rust!
Apparently I am foolish because I am trying hard to get what I want, with my own money... Well, I don't have cash, but to get a loan through the folks and pay with my work. And they go and buy a damn $21k truck that has needed tons of work. They buy a 20-something grand camper we barely use. They buy a 24 foot 350-V8 equipped ski-boat and pay an obscene amount to rent a slip at the local lake marina to park it at just to ride every other or third weekend. And they complain about how I need to save and not worry about excess.
I know I'm ranting.
I want a car I can get on the highway safely when loaded with. I want a car that can get 40mpg. I also want something more fun.

Ugh........ The thing I ABSOLUTELY H-A-T-E the most is that as much as they are hippocritical arses sometimes.... They are 100% correct...
Blast it all..... I want to take advantage of this rare opportunity, but....

Sorry for the rant... I'm just pissed.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I remember back in the dark ages when there was a 1956 Jaguar Drophead Coupe in the paper with 70K miles. I had the $700 or so that the estate wanted...but couldn't get anyone to drive me down to look at it and buy it...managed to talk my grandparents into it though.

Car was in really good shape...but someone had cut a 12V ignition wire so it wouldn't start...managed to find it..started it and bought it. Didn't live happily ever after...but had some fun for a while.

Didn't really give the car the respect it deserved...it eventually was traded for a TR3...and the guy restored it....worth 10s of Ks now.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Heh... So much for any form of happy ending.
The insurance company is JUST NOW deciding to jump my premium by $35 a month from that 12mph speeding ticket I got 2 months ago. Bastards.
AKA, forget this whole idea.

I f'ing hate this crap. Whatever...

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Cars aren't everything...and they tell me that the best things in life are free...whatever THAT means.....? :roll:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Feh, true enough, but there is some other garbage going down in life to augment the situation. ATM I am just trying not to dwell on any of it.

Soutthpaw
Top Notch Member

Post by Soutthpaw »

Hey Typrus, you ever go to any auctions to buy cars?? if not you need to. After you see what they sell for, you will really flip. are there any police auction up your way, CSPD here has them once a month.

here is a link

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=2324
1989 Toyota Van LE 4x4
1987 Toyota Parts Van 4x4
1981/2000 International S1724/4700 CrewCab T444e
1974 Wellcraft Airsolt (Boat)
ASE Master Auto Tech.