Selling my 1988 Tercel 4WD SR5

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
jimijuma

Selling my 1988 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by jimijuma »

Hello all. With much chagrin I have decided to sell my 1988 Tercel 4WD SR5. It is located in Southern Arizona. Please send me a PM for further details, pics, contact info, etc.

General details:

- Manual of course, obviously!
- Super clean with next to no rust, paint is oxidized due to the Arizona sun.
- Needs nothing mechanically in my eyes. No fluid leaks of any kind, although it does burn some oil.
- Weber carb conversion. Done correctly and meticulously as outlined in many threads in this community.
- Tires good, converted to 14" Toyota rims.
- Approx 130K miles (if I remember correctly)

I have put a lot of care and attention to this little car. The reason I am selling is that I have too many vehicles and it just doesn't get driven much anymore. We all know it is not good to let these little guys sit. I have enjoyed it over the years but for some reason it tends to take a back seat to some of the other vintage Toyota's I have. It is nice enough to list on Ebay, and that is probably where I would get the most money out of it, but I have enjoyed this little community over the years and wanted to give you guys a crack at it first.

Please send me a PM if there is any interest. Take care guys.
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Re: Selling my 1988 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by MrWrench »

Not trying to be a jerk. But no price tag and no pictures with a "PM me if there's any interest" means it's overpriced and not in good enough shape for your price.
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.
jimijuma

Re: Selling my 1988 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by jimijuma »

MrWrench wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:45 pm Not trying to be a jerk. But no price tag and no pictures with a "PM me if there's any interest" means it's overpriced and not in good enough shape for your price.
Not trying to be a jerk, but you are 100% incorrect. You would be hard pressed to find a better '88. To be honest, I am not sure how to post pictures.

So exactly two people reached out to me just to get an idea on where I was located exactly, wanting to see pics, etc. One didn't response after the initial inquiry, the other not a lot of correspondence other than "my wife won't let me." No price was ever discussed, and I am not looking to get something ridiculous out of this. The reason I posted it on this community is because I have enjoyed the comradery here over the years, me being a long time reader and seldom poster. I would like the car to go to someone who appreciates it for what it is, and outside this community that is almost impossible to come by. So I have held on to the car a little while longer, but I am getting more pressure on the home front to clear out some space.

So with all that said, I am opening this up again. The price for this is going to simply be "best reasonable offer." You guys know more than anyone what these are worth and as a token of appreciation to this community, I am going to let those interested make offers. More than anything, I just want to see this go to someone who will appreciate it.

Thanks. Please PM me for pictures and more info.