Aluminum plunger in carburetor

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Peanut1982
My tercel:: 1987

Aluminum plunger in carburetor

Post by Peanut1982 »

Well, I got around to rebuild my carburetor on my fixer upper. Took it all apart and wow, was it gummed up. Managed to get everything unstuck except for the aluminum plunger that is supposed to just pop out. (Sorry, not sure what it is called...) So I decided to soak the whole carburetor in gasoline overnight. The next day drained out all the gasoline and used my air compressor to blow through all the ports. It worked! Except the plunger, spring and big ball rocketed out. I have torn apart the shop looking for it. I found the spring and big ball, but cannot seem to find the plunger. The good news is my shop is really clean now. The bad news, I am down a plunger. Antone out there got one?
To the moon and back!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Aluminum plunger in carburetor

Post by dlb »

I'm not sure which plunger you are referring to. Did you use a rebuild kit, and if so, what did it call the part?
Peanut1982

Post by Peanut1982 »

I am using a rebuild kit, but for the life of me I cannot seem to find it in the parts explosion. I also use the Robert Walker YouTube video. It appears in his video at 4 minutes 30 seconds. He just calls it and aluminum piston. It sits next to the accelerator pump towards the barrels... Hope this helps? I am going to try to figure out how to post pictures and point to to hole it goes into...
To the moon and back!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Peanut1982 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:38 pm I am going to try to figure out how to post pictures and point to to hole it goes into...
To post pics, click 'full editor & preview,' then below the typing field click on the 'attachments' tab, then click the 'add files' button, pick the pics you want to upload, then hit the 'place inline' button and place them where you want them in your post.
Peanut1982

Post by Peanut1982 »

0909231439_HDR.jpg
Here we goooooo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To the moon and back!
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Peanut,

There is typically a little rubber puck that lands on top of the piece you’re looking for. I’ve got a parts carb at home (in CO for the Meet & Greet currently). These carbs/parts should be around, it seems nearly 1/2 of the Tercel peeps swap a Weber on.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Peanut1982

Post by Peanut1982 »

Oh yeah. Thats the one... I have the little rubber puck. Crossing my fingers.
To the moon and back!