BWA-HAHAHAHA Bass is here!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

BWA-HAHAHAHA Bass is here!

Post by Typrus »

Finally got an amp for my twin 10 inch subs!
It kicks HARD.... REALLY hard...

Amp on choice - 1200watt (@1 ohm) mono-block Super D-Class HIFONICS Brutus. I had to parallell the subs, as they are 8 ohms a piece, but the amp still smacks out 485 watts or so at 4 ohms.

More sophisticated opinion.
Depending on what you listen to, if you vary the Bass "Boost" just right, it can actually beautifully fill out the empty lower end of your musics spectrum, especially in a system with 4 and 5.25 inch speakers. For instance- Listening to Linkin Park Meteora, I turned the lead up SLIGHTLY from 0db and it sounded amazing. The lows COMPLEMENTED the highs, not pulverized. Listening to DJ Lasgo's Alone, with it all the way up, my head wanted to burst. If you balance it just right, it is really a wonderful sound.

Cool amp
The thing is literally cool. I drove the subs hard for 5 minutes straight and the amp didn't even show a sign of warming.
It has these cool lights on top- neon blue- spelling HIFONICS. Nice advertising. That and neon-blue definitly does it for me. Too bad the cops get angry if you have much of it. Or neon red.. or green... Bloody police grabbed all the cool colors...

RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

nice !!!! :shock:
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

You know, now that I have the X-Trail for 4WDing, I might turn the Tercel into a rolling speaker box...

I do like the amp. Very cool :)

And I was just looking at some of our threads. One of mine had 40 views for 4 posts. Bugger me, we've got some lurkers :)
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Lateer - off the subject, but...
Well, I have just spent a few minutes on several fascinating sites - I was curious
as to the meaning of the verb phrase at the beginning of your last sentence
(actually, I thought I knew...).
I happened on a number of places exposing Australian (OK to write Aussie?)
slang phrases. Fascinating - and I thought we Yanks had some doozies* !
Tom M.
*Anyone not from the USA care to give the etymology of this word?
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Which one?

Bugger me?
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
ctishman
Advanced Member

Post by ctishman »

Bugger:
British & Australian English. Crude. To perform the penetrative role in sexual intercourse. Has recently (last 30 years) acquired the specific connotation of anal sex.

The phrase "Bugger Me" is a Britishism roughly analogous to the American english "Fuck Me", expressing surprise, rather than any desire for sexual penetration on the speaker's part.

From what I can glean of the phrase's modern usage, the British version lacks "Fuck Me"'s implication of disgust with one's self or one's actions.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Well...bugger me..... :shock:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Even further off topic:-

Bugger here in Oz doesn't have the nastiness of the other comment.

It's one of those phrases that's sorta semi-polite. It's generally an epithet of surprise, rather than disgust, as you mentioned.

The use of Bugger on it's own can be for slight surprise, slight disgust, slight enjoyment, etc.

There was a major advertising campaign using the word in various forms for Toyota to promote the Hilux. I wonder if we can find some...
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Kinda like "Bloody" here in the USA is a merely an adjective, or if one watches Masterpiece Theater, a pissed-off Brit. But my impression has been that it is at least a border-line epithet in the UK; what about the Dominions?
Tom M.
> EDIT - EDIT <
WHOOPS - SORRY - I think I should have written "...what about the Commonwealth?", right ?
Mea Culpa !
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

Lateer wrote:There was a major advertising campaign using the word in various forms for Toyota to promote the Hilux. I wonder if we can find some...
This one?
http://www.brian894x4.com/Hiluxbuggercommercial.mpg
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Bugger me, you found it :)
The other one I was thinking of had a young bloke sent by a builder to get topsoil, a couple of planks and a load of bricks. He then forgets to put the handbrake on and careens down a hill, through a fence, etc, etc, etc, ending up back at the site with the bricks, the topsoil and the planks.

But anyway, that shows you exactly what I meant :)