Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

Just wanted to wish you a good one.
27, seems so long ago....
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Carguylen wrote: Just wanted to wish you a good one.
27, seems so long ago....
Thanks very much! :P Heh, and I must admit that as I leave my mid twenties, I feel as though I am getting OLD! :rolleyes:
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

And then there are the mid thirties...the mid forties....the mid fifties...and so on....

Just trying to make you look forward to many more.... ;) B) :ph34r:

A lot of people want to be older when they are in their teens and early 20s....then after that...they spend the rest of thier life trying to stop the sliding process...down that slippery slope of age.

At least, as Tercel owners...we'll all go to Tercel Heaven? :blink:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

And - I might add - the mid-sixties....
Interesting - I bought my '83 SR5 before HOW many of you were born - or were still in swaddling clothes?
It will really be interesting to see how long this Forum lasts - will t4wd.com be around when, say, Typrus or Tercel4wdrules are in their mid-sixties?
Will those then-old coots still be exchanging information about how to get rid of hesitation and whether the front struts are the replaceable type and how the heck do we clean the EGR valve?
Actually, by then every problem we currently encounter should have been long-solved and every answer on a DVD - right?
Maybe I should sign up my grandson as a "legacy" member, much like colleges do for children of grads, for when I croak? I'm sure he'd just love to drive Goldie to the Prom in 2021...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

happy birthday man!!
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Inkyturbo
Top Notch Member

Post by Inkyturbo »

ARCHINSTL wrote: It will really be interesting to see how long this Forum lasts - will t4wd.com be around when, say, Typrus or Tercel4wdrules are in their mid-sixties?
Will those then-old coots still be exchanging information about how to get rid of hesitation and whether the front struts are the replaceable type and how the heck do we clean the EGR valve?
I think by that time we will have figured out a way to put a 4AGZE in our Tercels without grenading the transmission. :D And then we can enter our cars in the Route 66 Rendezvous!
Josh G.

Joy is passing a brand new car at 80 in the fastlane, with your 22 year old Japanese economy car.

1983 Toyota Tercel Wagon (4WD, SR5)
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

i think by then these cars will be worth QUITE a bit of money as a classic - cmon a 4wd that gets 25-30 mpg? in the 1980's!!

Take care of your cars, we'll need to show em off in the future :P

By the way GTS, check to see if your moderator/admin powers work and lemme kno if i need to tweak anything :D