Bought a new car...

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

The wife and I bought a Nissan X-Trail yesterday.
And to be honest, it feels like a larger Tercel :D

4WD, CD player, nice seats, airconditioning, huge cargo compartment, it's nice all round.

Only thing is, we've now got three cars. There's the Tercel, the X-Trail and her old 1980 Mazda 323.

So, we're going to have to sell one of them. And much as I love my beloved Tercel, I think that one will be the one to go.
Unless I can convince him that the 323 is better. It is, in terms of fuel and mechanicals. And I'm panelbeating the body as we speak.

I really want to keep the Tercel, but I think he'll choose that one :(

Bugger. I'll miss my Tercel. And I'll get really annoyed with him when he wraps it around a tree or something. I've put years into that car :(
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Lateer wrote: The wife and I bought a Nissan X-Trail yesterday.
And to be honest, it feels like a larger Tercel :D

4WD, CD player, nice seats, airconditioning, huge cargo compartment, it's nice all round.

Only thing is, we've now got three cars. There's the Tercel, the X-Trail and her old 1980 Mazda 323.

So, we're going to have to sell one of them. And much as I love my beloved Tercel, I think that one will be the one to go.
Unless I can convince him that the 323 is better. It is, in terms of fuel and mechanicals. And I'm panelbeating the body as we speak.

I really want to keep the Tercel, but I think he'll choose that one :(

Bugger. I'll miss my Tercel. And I'll get really annoyed with him when he wraps it around a tree or something. I've put years into that car :(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: Don't do it!! You must keep the Tercel!!

Oh, and congrats on the X-Trail BTW!! :lol:
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hey Lateer,

Thanks for all the great weber advice, Pity your selling up as I was looking forward to coming down to Tassie next year and doing a bit of a Tercel convoy sometime.

Anyway is it your brother who is taking your old car? Perhaps you can convince him that the old Mazda is better for him? Better on the juice and that sort of thing.. If that doesn't work I think you should sabotage the Tercel on him so he can't drive of in it!

I think you'll need the Tercel as I'm guessing you won't be taking the nissan up the firetrails for a bit while it's all shiney and new?

Cheers,
Matt
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Exactly.
Now convince the wife of that, as she's had her car (the Mazda) for 10 years and loves her little car as much if not more than I love the Tercel.

I'm going to convince the brother that the Mazda is better on fuel, better mechanically and better value all round. ;)

I know the problems with the Tercel and I love it, it's just it's logically the car to go. Having two 4WD's is a bit of a stretch. <_<

And we cleaned the X-Trail yesterday and discovered it's an ex-police vehicle as there were seven of those little tubes they put on top of breathalysers here in Tasmania under the back seat. :D

Whilst I think of it, does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual similar to the one here for the X-Trail? It'd be nice to know as much about that car as I do about my beloved Tercel...
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Lateer wrote: Whilst I think of it, does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual similar to the one here for the X-Trail? It'd be nice to know as much about that car as I do about my beloved Tercel...
Your best bet for this is to look around for a Nissan truck/suv forum and do a search on their site. Or just join the forum and ask the members there.

I often find online manuals for friends (to help them learn to work on their own vehicles), and that is the method I use to find the manuals.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS