'87 4WD on eBay - in PA

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

This Pennsylvania wagon popped up today on eBAy.
The seller is pretty candid about this being a parts car due to rust.

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... S%3AUS%3A1' target='_blank'>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AUS%3A1</a>

Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

It never showed up in my search for Tercels on eBay today, I guess eBay and eBay Motors require two different searches?
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well -
This is how I set up my 3 eBay searches:
1. "Tercel 4WD" in eBay Motors. This will then bring up only the Tercel 4WD models, and no other Tercels. This will also show the 4WD parts cars and parts for the 4WD specifically.
2. "Tercel Wagon" in eBay Motors, sub category Passenger Vehicles. This will bring up only those Tercels listed as Wagon, whether 4WD or not, and will skip regular Tercels. Some sellers skip using "4WD", but seemingly never the "Wagon" designation. This "Tercel Wagon" phrase could also be used as a second search in the regular eBay Motors, just as in #1 above.
3. "Tercel" in eBay Motors:Parts & Accessories:Manuals & Literature:Car & Truck:Toyota. This brings up only Tercels in the literature. I am looking for a dealer showroom brochure for the 1986 SR5. It also brings up Owners Manuals as well as Chiltons, etc., which I do not need. I tried using "Tercel Brochures" and "Tercel Catalogs", but this did not work too well, as some people do not use either word. Fortunately, there are not that many Tercel paper items sold, compared to, say, the Corolla or Camry, et al.
Actually, I would have thought doing your search just in "eBay" would yield the same results, but I never tried that way.

A thought - and do not be irritated, but I presume you are looking at the USA eBay as well as the Canadian eBay?

Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

I just use the US eBay, once and a while I'l try the CDN one, but there's never as much on it. I got the dealer brochure for '87s last year. Kinda neat having that. Hope you find one. THanks for the tips on searching, shoulda known them, I guess! Ah well, thanks anyway.
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

You can search any eBay site from the US one through the advanced search. And searching eBay.com should find anything that you would find by searching eBay Motors and any additional items listed in other non-motor categories.