The truck i should have kept

Post here about...well...anything!
timothygodden
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 84 tercel 4wd sr5 lifted, modified head, delta cam, 2" exhaust

The truck i should have kept

Post by timothygodden »

29536_102661269778579_6837253_n.jpg
Found a throwback pic from 12 years ago. my first Toyota an 81 pick up, long bed, straight axles, 22r block with a 20r head, Holley carb, remanufactured transmission, 33" tires, and zero rust (AZ truck).

I miss this truck, kick myself every time I think about it.
I was a kid, didn't know anything about Toyota durability and sold it before I left AZ.

I am still hunting for one to someday replace it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Re: The truck i should have kept

Post by helipilot77 »

Nice ones can still be found but they go for a price.

This is my buddies 82' longbed. It used to be mine. I keep it close. He lets me borrow it when I want. This is a shot from last summer when we drove downs to California then all the way through the rubicon trail and back to Seattle. Not many rigs that could do that.

. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

one of the best model trucks Toyota made. newer ones got heavier, bigger engines, more complex, nicer in some ways, but not as utilitarian. you can not really buy a small truck anymore, they all got big. I love the early Japanese import trucks, great for their size, reliable and fun to drive.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Wow, that looks like the same 'Toyota Blue' as my 84' pickup. Definitely an icon for durable economic utility vehicles.... am I the only one that rewatches Top Gear "Killing a Toyota" ?

https://youtu.be/xnWKz7Cthkk
timothygodden
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 84 tercel 4wd sr5 lifted, modified head, delta cam, 2" exhaust

Post by timothygodden »

Helipilot- very nice, hard to beat the capabilities of those old pickups, mine would go anywhere I was brave (or stupid?) enough to take it. You know how to pick your rigs.

Petros- wish they still made trucks like that, I picked up a 98 Ford ranger (the Ford that is actually a Mazda) earlier this year, it's a "small" pickup, but clocking in at 4300lbs it's like driving a train in comparison to the Toyota pickup.

Mad_Marx- sadly I didn't see that episode till after I got rid of the truck, but I have rewatched it a number of times since.