If You Want To Save America And The World:

Post here about...well...anything!
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Re: If You Want To Save America And The World:

Post by Mad_Marx »

The current political climate reminds me of the Southpark episode when they had to vote for a new school mascot. The choice was between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. That's what we've come to Douche vs. Turd. You decide who is who.
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

Look on the bright side, if you don't like either candidate, you guys don't have to vote. We've got an election here on the 2nd July and most of us here feel the same way you do about our two major parties. But voting is compulsory here, if you don't turn up, your name isn't crossed off the list and you get a fine if you don't have a valid reason why you didn't vote. Mind you, there's nothing stopping you from getting your name crossed off, tear up your voting papers and walk out.
A year ago we were told we had a budget crisis and we all (the little people) have to tighten our belts. Now the two parties are spending billions to con you in getting your votes.
I think I'm going to come up with a migraine on election day, but keep it to yourselve guys.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

202c5ea0-77de-4ad6-b32a-5346ece43613.gif.2d5df81c4474b685a25f5213392dc6e9.thumb.gif.60f03c1cbea2351064ed107830af530a.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

That was pretty tasteless and really uncalled for, Mike.
I could send something similar about her opponent, but I would not.
Tom
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Sorry, could've gone either way. If I had a zinger for Trump, I would've included it. They were just described here as douch vs turd. Seemed comically appropriate at the time. For the record, I find both disgusting. Is this really the best we can come up with? I can only hope some charismatic individual somewhere in between our extremist parties knocks them both out. I think Jesse got elected here mainly because of the two party bickering. Problem was, neither party really accepted him and couldn't get anything done. We are so screwed.

Might as well write in Terceldude..
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

These guys are all being funded by big corporations or unions for their benefits not ours. If a new messiah was to come, they would find a way to cull him/her.
I think we should help each other with things that's within our control. I wonder how JaredHeath is getting on with his broken transmission? Send us an update Jared. :wink:
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

there is not much pleasant about this years presidential elections, all of the quality candidates either dropped out or got eliminated early on. for some reason those voting were either swayed by insults and bloviating, and not by rationally looking at the background, accomplishments and integrity of each of the candidates. Normal rules seem to not apply, it appears the primary election has degenerated into a popularity contest voted on by people with extreme opinions without much substance. So this is what we are left with...a boastful ego maniac that has never held an elected office, or an unpleasant person with no real accomplishments and a long history of corruption, lying and cover-ups. this is the choice the primary voters have left us to vote for come the general election.
the real problem with the election.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Be still, my mouth.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I do not agree with either of you. Hillary will help the poor.
K-Business
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Just like her squeaky clean foundation does?

Regardless of who gets in, welfare just helps breed more welfare. Give a man a fish/ teach him to fish... I'm guessing you like free fish?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

Hillary has no history of helping the poor, what makes you think that?

When the economy is harmed, we get more poor. Is that the way to help them?
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

This is slightly OT, but germane to the Forum.
I see Petros deleted the "Trump" post that terceldude posted; I viewed it, and despite my opinion on the subject, I completely agree with its deletion.
I've been long tempted to delete THIS thread.
I realize that this is the "Off Topic Forum," but - I just do not think political BS of any persuasion belongs here on our site in ANY Forum.

The huge Miata Club site (http://www.miata.net) which I frequent - and from which I have stolen ideas, posts, and a Forum - has a strict rule about its "Off Topic Forum" called "The Water Cooler," namely that it can involve any topic save politics and religion. This seems eminently sensible.
I will note, however , that it does have a Forum for "Legislation, Politics, Law and safety," with a bold-print caveat of "Enter at your own risk! This section can get highly controversial. Discussions must be car related." Note, however, the last sentence!

I have my own quite strong opinions on politics here (which I think certain others know), and I have answered other posts in the past, but ...

Opinions on deletion of this thread?

Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

I for one won't be sad to see it go.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Ok, lets get things revved up, but in the spirit of the Miata site.

What will you think when Hillary's EPA forces us to scrap our little gross polluters?

Yes, I just pulled that out of my behind. Could eventually happen though..

Delete the thread or the Dude?

Can't wait to be "disconnected" this weekend. If the phone doesn't ring, it's me!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I do not mind political discussions if they are kept civil.

Unfortunately that seems to be rare these days. There is no point in hurtling insults, particularly at those that are strangers. But that is what passes as political discourse, it does not serve to convince, only to mock. It serves no purpose and only displays something about the person posting insults.

An interesting discussion locally on automobile regulations, that has to do with politics, was a proposed regulation to govern all road vehicles so they can not exceed the speed limit. The claim is that is would make roads safer, pollute less, and save fuel. I say it is all bunk, if they want to reduce fuel consumption why do not they just outlaw anything bigger than a Fiat? It is more about "big brother" and government controlling you, what you can own and do. No thanks, I will keep my old cars thank you.