If You Want To Save America And The World:

Post here about...well...anything!
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: If You Want To Save America And The World:

Post by terceldude »

So you guys hate the truth then? OH WELL.
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

So basically you guys don't care if Trump obliterates all of humanity and does away with all gov't help programs? You guys don't care if he destroys the world?! Basically it sounds like you guys are selfish in your apathy towards this crucial election which would determine the fate of America and the world as we all know it! If WW3 happens as a result of a possible Trump presidency and you guys vote for Stein, Trump or Johnson, THE BLAME IS ON ALL OF YOU! Not me, YOU!
K-Business
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Post by rer233 »

I think this election is going to be like no other in recent history. There's going to be more anti-Trump and anti-Hillary votes cast than pro-Trump and pro-Hillary votes. Seems like nobody's really happy with their party's candidate- the prevailing attitude is "I don't like our guy/gal, but I'm sure as hell not going to vote for the other guy/gal."

Then there's the politicians in Congress- regardless of party affilaton, they're politicians first, and Democrats or Republicans second (and there's not a whole lot of difference between the two (IMO.) Far as I'm concerned, a person should be allowed to be elected to Congress as many times as their constituents vote them in, but their terms can't be consecutive. That would get rid of the "career politicians".

So much for my rant- feel free to flame away.
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ terceldude: Ever heard of "the time and the place?" I would doubt it.
I think my political leanings have been deciphered over the years, but I see no point in causing any friction on AN AUTO-RELATED SITE!
Go rant on Facebook!
All you are doing here is pissing off people and alienating them (I was tempted to merely write "...is irritating people...," but I figgered you would understand "pissing off" ...

There was a very knowledgeable member here some years ago (unfortunately now passed away) who had very thin skin. YOUR political remarks inflamed him and he certainly responded in kind - and then left. He eventually returned, but no thanks to you. We lost some valuable information by your totally inappropriate actions.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

ARCHINSTL wrote:Go rant on Facebook!... All you are doing here is pissing off people and alienating them...
This thread was posted in the OFF-TOPIC section of a FORUM. I consider this subject fair game, as long as nobody gets lewd/rude. It's not like terceldude was shouting "FIRE!" in a theatre, or anything...

I'm not a fan of any of the candidates in this election cycle, but don't shut down someone's conversation just because they don't agree with your choice in policy or candidates. THAT is un-American.
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ The Professor -
Reread terceldude's (currently) ultimate post and then issue a conclusion.
While it is, as you point out, the Off Topic section of a Forum, positing one way or another about a political candidate, party, or position is irrelevant to the raison d'être of this site.
That I eschew stating MY opinions on politics here and perhaps chide those who do is hardly "un-American," and you should know/recognize that ...
You issued your J'accuse without realizing that I did not state an opinion or choice in my (currently) penultimate post; revisit it.
Tom M.

P.S. The proper use of an ellipsis involves a space between the last letter of a word and the first dot, as in ...
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

If I am pissing people off, then they don't want to hear the truth! Also FYI, I wasn't alienating anyone. they were doing that to themselves by voting for the rich aka Donald Trump - you know, the one that causes WW3.
K-Business
atoyta
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 3 wagons now

Post by atoyta »

I read this thread & came to the conclusion the sky is falling for a number of people, carry on.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

terceldude wrote:If I am pissing people off, then they don't want to hear the truth! Also FYI, I wasn't alienating anyone. they were doing that to themselves by voting for the rich aka Donald Trump - you know, the one that causes WW3.
Your truth is not necessarily everyone's truth; recognizing that is an indication of maturity.
Don't dig a deeper hole by impugning the views of others.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

wow Terceldude, I did not know one your many talents also includes being clairvoyant about the future.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Terceldude in the spirit of 'the dude' Big Lebowski. could you please just abide.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

I think many would be pleased if both dropped off the face of the earth. I've noticed an extreme lack of yard signs for anyone above city/county positions. I would give the edge to Trump there. About 10 to 2 this weekend while heading up north.

Dude. If you want to help save America, maybe try turning your hat around, pull up your pants and get a job. Maybe someday you won't live in your mom's basement for the rest of your life. And on gvmt programs. The takers are straining the makers..
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

ARCHINSTL wrote:@ The Professor -
Reread terceldude's (currently) ultimate post and then issue a conclusion.
You mean this one?
terceldude wrote:So basically you guys don't care if Trump obliterates all of humanity and does away with all gov't help programs? You guys don't care if he destroys the world?! Basically it sounds like you guys are selfish in your apathy towards this crucial election which would determine the fate of America and the world as we all know it! If WW3 happens as a result of a possible Trump presidency and you guys vote for Stein, Trump or Johnson, THE BLAME IS ON ALL OF YOU! Not me, YOU!
Yeah, I read it, and it seems pretty benign to me. Sounds like a politically disenfranchised person blowing off some steam online. You need to check out the off-topic section of some of the more active forums/facebook if you think what terceldude said was out of line. He didn't curse or didn't insult anyone's mother, so what's all the fuss about?
ARCHINSTL wrote:P.S. The proper use of an ellipsis involves a space between the last letter of a word and the first dot, as in ...
Are we talking AP or Chicago style? Based on the HTML code, you forgot the additional space at the end of the ellipsis, in either case. Bougie move dropping the French though, I had to look it up ... :roll:
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Many have given up on saving the world..
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKCN12I20S