Does anyone miss any of their exes?

Post here about...well...anything!
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Re: Does anyone miss any of their exes?

Post by Jonymoto »

Usually Paris shuts down in July and Rome in August. I will be spending a month in Ireland in August, almost 2 weeks in London in September and 3 weeks between Paris, Spain and Rome in Sept/Oct to try to avoid their holiday periods. How did you guess the last 3? I'm an early riser, so that's not an issue. Yes, I'll be doing airbnb. But I'm not sure about renting a car for Paris and Rome. They drive like crazy there. I'll be taking the train to get from Paris to Spain and then Rome. I have no issues with driving in Ireland and London. I've lived and worked there before. But that was many moons ago. Things have most likely changed a lot like here.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Does anyone miss any of their exes?

Post by Mattel »

Sorry, yes I didn't mean drive in the major cities - just to the smaller towns between. as you know there are so many small towns and the population spread out unlike australia you can drive over a valley in the north of italy and they will speak a different dialect and have different food than the last one!. Sounds like you are doing it right and staying away from the tourist areas in the peak! The train is the way to go between capitals a lot less stress than getting the cheap airlines and great to turn up in the middle of the city rather than the outskirts! I wouldn't even drive in London anymore - they have put in a lot more public transport.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms