John Lennon's R-R

Post here about...well...anything!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: John Lennon's R-R

Post by dlb »

that's a fantastic list, mark. so many obvious ones we hadn't mentioned here yet: kitt, the batmobile (the one from the 1989 movie is my fave by far), mad max's interceptor, and the smoky and the bandit trans are all wicked.

i didn't know that about delorean bodies. amazing.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

it depends on what your means of measuring "worlds most famous car" would be. I suspect if you show people pictures of different cars, which one would get the most number of people being able to identify it from all over the world?

I suspect the Delorean, the Bond Aston Martin, the Dukes of Hazard Charger, perhaps Herbie the Love Bug, and the Bat mobile would get the highest number of recognition hits.

that would be an interesting internet experiment.

Although all the others mentioned, and perhaps the wiener mobile, and the monkey's Pontiac, all would get hits, but none would get more than those four or five above. John Lennon's RR would not rank very high at all.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

And the simply ubiquitous WWII jeep gets no kudos save from moi? Come on!
That form has been known to the entire world for 75 years!
I would also move the DeLorean and Bond Aston Martin down a notch and sub the Beetle into the #2 spot; arguably, it could be #1.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Post by Mark »

ARCHINSTL wrote:And the simply ubiquitous WWII jeep gets no kudos save from moi? Come on!
That form has been known to the entire world for 75 years!
i would also move the DeLorean and Bond Aston Martin down a notch and sub the Beetle into the #2 spot; arguably, it could be #1.
Tom M.
When I'm thinking of a famous car, I mean a specific single distinctive vehicle from pop culture or with historical significance, not a series of vehicles. It's funny considering the original post in this thread, but when I searched the internet for "world's most famous car", the Beatles car never came up.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Mark wrote:When I'm thinking of a famous car, I mean a specific single distinctive vehicle from pop culture or with historical significance, not a series of vehicles.
Well, both the WWII jeep or the Beetle would certainly fit both of your criteria!
Put the Model T into the mix as well; after all, it, more than any other vehicle, put the masses on wheels - and not just in North America.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

image.png
There is one of these at that auto Museum in Reno Nevada near Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

For me it's the Delorean because I used to work for Goodyear in N. Ireland and we supplied the hoses, belts and tyres for the Delorean cars which were built in Belfast. Then it closed down and so did Goodyear.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama