1983 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 : Life in Pictures / Lost & Found: RESTORATION DOCUMENTED!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 1983 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 : Life in Pictures / Lost & Found: RESTORATION DOCUMENTED!

Post by Petros »

someone may have mounted a cup holder, a cb radio, or other accessory. these cars have a noticeable lack of a place to hold a drink cursedly. I have tired several after market cup holders, but all would get in the way of your legs, elbows, or other body parts. I would not want to mount it on the center console because that space is useful for other storage, but it is the best location available.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: 1983 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 : Life in Pictures / Lost & Found: RESTORATION DOCUMENTED!

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Petros wrote: these cars have a noticeable lack of a place to hold a drink cursedly. I have tired several after market cup holders, but all would get in the way of your legs, elbows, or other body parts. I would not want to mount it on the center console because that space is useful for other storage, but it is the best location available.
Ever tried this? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1518
Does not interfere with a passenger - unless he is the Michelin Man - or perhaps the Pillsbury DoughBoy.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD SR5 Wagon : "The Brochure Car"

Post by bryanthompson »

Hmmmm, you guys present an interesting challenge. Kudos on the previous cup holder solutions.

Perhaps I can come up with something clever and incorporate it into that JDM center console I found.

I'm thinking back to the 1980's, and we must have had drinks in the car, running around the Arizona desert heat. What comes to mind is a fuzzy image of my little brown legs in OP short shorts, with a to-go cup held between my thighs.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

bryanthompson wrote:my little brown legs in OP short shorts,
OP, as in ocean pacific? i had completely forgotten about that brand till now. i believe i had a pair of OP shorts in the late 80's too.

4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

I think I might look into solutions for cup holders this weekend as well. Sure would be nice to have instead of jamming them between my seat and console!
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

i got tired of looking for something in a cup holder so took 2 different ones, run them through the band saw and ended up with a arm rest with storage and a cup holder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

But what if you want to use the handbrake?
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

its just sitting there, lifts right out. its in my rav now for the winter the cup holders in that are useless
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member

Post by bryanthompson »

Just a small update today:

Sad tires are gone. In their place, a new set of 185/70/13's so we can move him about.

Looks more like a car again. More soon.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member

Post by bryanthompson »

dlb wrote:
bryanthompson wrote:my little brown legs in OP short shorts,
OP, as in ocean pacific? i had completely forgotten about that brand till now. i believe i had a pair of OP shorts in the late 80's too.

OH YEAHH! I want that shirt, btw. Great find.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ Bryan, but -
Is that a Jag 2.4/3.4/3.8 on the lift behind your Terc?
On my Bucket List, after I win the next P-ball!
:mrgreen: I've lusted after one since late 1959.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member

Post by bryanthompson »

ARCHINSTL wrote:@ Bryan, but -
Is that a Jag 2.4/3.4/3.8 on the lift behind your Terc?
On my Bucket List, after I win the next P-ball!
:mrgreen: I've lusted after one since late 1959.
Tom M.
Indeed it is. I've only ever seen it move vertically, never horizontally...
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member

Post by bryanthompson »

JDM Center Console and Side Rear Window Shades arrived today. They're much nicer than I expected and practicality look new!

I quite like the little insurance envelope in the armrest, and that it ofcourse opens to the right side of the vehicle.

If I do use the console, I'll have it color tuned to match the light grey of my car. This presents some challenges, but it may be a fun accessory project.

The window shades are so cool, in their delightfully pointless nature.

Too much fun here!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
83Whit3Hatch
My tercel:: 1983 3 Door Stripper Model. Grey seats with red inserts. 5spd swap.100W 9003 bulb upgrade.

Post by 83Whit3Hatch »

Maybe I missed it, but where did you order those parts from? I know they are Japanese Domestic market but was it a website or....
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

83Whit3Hatch wrote:Maybe I missed it, but where did you order those parts from? I know they are Japanese Domestic market but was it a website or....

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

then use google translate for search engine kanji for al25 or sprinter carib
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms