Barto's Ultimate Adventure Wagon Build-up (Update may 18)

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
timothygodden
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 84 tercel 4wd sr5 lifted, modified head, delta cam, 2" exhaust

Re: Barto's Ultimate Adventure Wagon Build-up (Update may 18

Post by timothygodden »

[quote][/quote]
timothygodden
Top Notch Member

Re: Barto's Ultimate Adventure Wagon Build-up (Update may 18)

Post by timothygodden »

Abra-Cadaver wrote:After reading this whole thread, and needing to replace my suspension, I'm excited to finally get around to doing this.
Is there a part number/year for the MR2 front inserts?

-mid 80s Camry front springs and hats
-front MR2 Inserts
-early 90s Pathfinder rear springs (doesn't seem like there is a definite answer whether to run them as they are, or how much to cut.. and should I have both top and bottom pathfinder spring hats/seats?)
-call KYB and ask for 1980 thunderbird rear shocks with T4 lower bushings in them

do we need to get longer brake hoses or is it not a problem?
thanks!

Noah
Camry spring- not sure on part number, needs to be pre 89 I pulled a set of 89's from the junk yard and they would not fit the perch, ended up using 88 corolla altrac springs and hats, used original tercel seat.

Front strut inserts aw11 Mr2- KYB 363045

The rear pathfinder springs need to be from a first gen. so pre 95. I have seen a few different rear coil heights for them depending on whether it is 2 or 4 door and 2 or 4wd.
I went with 90 4 door 4wd and got 4"
WP_20160617_19_26_10_Pro.jpg
As you can see the wheel is shifted quite a bit forward in the wheel well. I need to cut them down a little but have not yet. Tercel rubber fit the new springs perfectly.

Rear shocks- KYB 343162 you can just swap the rubber over yourself, I don't think kyb will swap them over.

I just eliminated the rear mount for the hoses and that worked great no issues. You will have to sperate the brake lines so make sure to bleed your system after.

I also had to eliminate my rear swar, it was broken anyways.
The lift was one of my favorite upgrades,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timothygodden
Top Notch Member

Re: Barto's Ultimate Adventure Wagon Build-up (Update may 18)

Post by timothygodden »

Another member put 17" mini Cooper wheels and and 205 tires. Check out terrorcel in the gallery and projects.
I am running 14" Mr2 triangles with 195/70R14 tires, love this set up put them on before I lifted mine, major improvement in handling.

Kingsprings may makes shorter springs but they are expensive, might be better of cutting them yourself just take a little of at a time and fit them till you find a nice height. They will get stiffer as you remove sections of coil so don't cut too much.

The pathfinder coils will swap right in, tercel seats and work great.

The Camry coils fit the tercel seats but not the top. You will need to find the Camry top hats and upper rubber insulator. I can't find a part number for them. Your best bet would be to contact Moog or some other aftermarket suspension co. directly, might have better luck then at the part store.