Tasmania Tour of Duty 08

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Tasmania Tour of Duty 08

Post by Mattel »

Here's a few shots from a tour of Tasmania over New Years 08, with the car on a ferry it's an all day sea voyage from the mainland (upper Tasmania :D ). we were there about 10 days and got in a bit of fishing (not so good) and surfing (better) and spent new years camping, wining and dining at a friend of a friends shack which was on a small peninsular near the ruins of the Port Arthur convict settlement. It stayed a perfect 30° over NYE whilst Melbourne was blasted by 42°, good timing.

Here's some Terc shots

not lost... pointing

camping... almost anywhere you want for free. This was the only other car around for this whole day.. they didn't catch any fish either

on the central plains which are rocky, arid and about 30kms away from this forest plantations.

which in turn is about 50kms away from this farmland.

Red paints holding up well against the elements

just some more shots as the light was interesting (and Ms Mattel wasn't around, quizing me on why I was stopping to take shots of the car again).

a dusting of snow in the Australian Alps in 2007 (not a great snow year)

NYE. My mate Paul trying to work out how Tercs multiply in the night. one of those doppleganger moments like Don's recent carpark moment

a couple of my favourite car designs of all time my friends Karmann Ghia... french (Italian) curves vs the steel ruler.

Anyway
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Tasmania Tour of Duty 08

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Great pics; makes me want to visit Australia all the more...
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

Could you please,please upload those to the gallery?
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Awesome pics Mattel. I wish my Terc was there with yours covering new ground and listening to Steve Perry's "Oh, Sherrie" or Journey's "Separate Ways" with Steve Perry in it, lol.
Back to the pics though, is that your mom in one of the pics, maybe the 6th or 8th one or so? She looks very happy and seems as if she is really enjoying the ride/trip. Hopefully she likes your Terc a lot! Do you also have any "mates" from the UK, especially with Tercs themselves? I bet they'd all wanna go down here for a nice ride! :lol:
K-Business
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

I'll have a go at that new fangled gallery app soon Neu, cheers.

Hey TDude thats my girlfriend hiding out with the big glasses on - I'll tell her to change her moisturiser hehe. :D yep, she had a great time as I finally got us kittted up with some good camping gear and made it super comfy. Nope, don't know anyone in the UK with a Terc but there are a couple of members on here. Not sure about the Journey though - can you get that on CD?
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

Mattel wrote:Not sure about the Journey though - can you get that on CD?

You can, and I do!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

I distinctly remember driving around the lake listening to the Cinematic Orchestra... It's sweet when the right song fits the mood and right road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-rZdfZf ... re=related worth checking out if you have a bit of bandwidth.
grasshole

Post by grasshole »

Hi from the uk chaps, not been on for ages but still have the terc, would love to take the terc abroad, maybe next year :o
That would be an ecemunical matter!
graphiteblimp99
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984, Toyota, Tercel, SR 5, Push Guard, Fog Lights

Post by graphiteblimp99 »

Can you tell me how to get a trailor hitch on a tercel?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

My hitch is after market and has a bar that extends from in front of the fuel tank and meets up with a crossmember that attaches to the chassis rails that meet up with the rear bumper. The cheaper ones only attach to the bumper chassis points. Do a few searches on here for tow hitch, tow bar etc. Perhaps someone might sell you one if their wrecking?