Another Movie Sighting...

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Another Movie Sighting...

Post by terceldude »

lol you guys! :D
K-Business
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I have never cared for horror movies, I like adventure, good sci fi, and escape movies, takes me away from my boring life on a fun adventure. Espionage is good too.

Horror movies have a big following, not quite sure i understand the attraction, adrenaline rush perhaps? I can not identify with those that love to see scary movies. Not my idea of entertainment. I would like to know what you find so attractive about horror movies.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

i've been thinking about this, trying to come up with a good response for you but i still have nothing. all i can tell you is that ever since i was a kid, i've been drawn to things that have made me feel terrified, disturbed, unsettled, grossed out, etc, and i still feel that same attraction now. i think it' might be because i like feeling challenged by art. i often want art to push me towards feelings i'm not entirely comfortable with. not all the time, of course -- sometimes i just want to sing along with a catchy song or whatever, but most of the time i find that boring. i'd rather be pushed and uncomfortable.

that's actually not too bad an explanation after all.

while i'm on the topic, here's a list of some of my fave horror/thriller/generally disturbing flicks:

the exorcist (1973)
the shining (1980)
eyes wide shut (1999)
antichrist (2009)
possession (1981)
lost highway (1997)
under the skin (2014)
serbian film (2011)
alien (1979)
jacob's ladder (1990)
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Not a movie sighting, but Honorable Mention, in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You at the 42 Minute and 40 second mark one of the characters is trying to pick up a girl at a party with the line "You know I'm thinking of getting a Tercel"

:)

M_M
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

I saw this American movie called Crash a few weeks ago. There was a Tercel 4wd driving on the main road at around the 18 min mark. One of the main character was driving a 4WD. He stopped at the light to turn right onto the main road and the Tercel drove past.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

splatterdog wrote:Appears at 3:50- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgkvaKe1Wes

I've seen the stunt performed at 9:20 with a gas pump! Pure human error on that one..
That one was cited on IMDCB.org! Good stuff!
K-Business
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Today, while under the weather and feeling sorry for myself, watched In The Line of Duty - Blaze of Glory, based on a true Chicago crime spree in the 1990's by a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde, Jeff and Jill Erickson. This was the first film made on the topic and starred Bradley Whitford. It pretty much hews to the facts of the case, as far as the couple's story goes.
No Wiki article, but http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119363/
The bad guy specializes in stealing '80s J-tin and using them as escape cars before abandoning them - this was factual.
Anyway, his last getaway car which leads to his apprehension appears here:
http://search.myway.com/search/video.jh ... 0_&tpr=sbt
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

That ol' towel around the steering column trick! That should stop those plastics getting faded and brittle!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Togashi
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel Wagon Basic

Post by Togashi »

Not sure if we count cartoon's or not but I just finished watching Erased and was pleased to find Tercel in the show, apart from the trim it looked to be an SR5.
There is no such thing as a "little rust"
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

wow, someone working on that film is definitely a big tercel fan. great find.

i like a lot of anime but haven't heard of erased. i'll look it up now.
Togashi
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel Wagon Basic

Post by Togashi »

I think it's one of the best anime I have seen in years I would highly recommend it.
There is no such thing as a "little rust"
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

that is just great! Not that the author/script writer is such a Tercel fan, but there is something about the people that drive a Tercel that they intend to communicate. consider they could have chosen any car, or no recognizable one at all (like many cartoons), so there is something about the those in the story that they choose to communicate by the type of car they drive.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I discovered that on Twitter. I retweeted the posts and they were in Nihongo and some woman was like "why are you retweeting Japanese stuff and I can't read it" and I replied "there is a translation link right above your comment. Click it lol"
K-Business
LeeBiew
Advanced Member
My tercel:: "The Humble Bee" - Yellow 83 T4WD SR5 6spd and "The Goose" - Grey 86 T4WD DLX Auto (orphan to be saved)

Post by LeeBiew »

Just watched the first episode... really, really good! Thanks Togashi! Can't wait to watch the rest of it!
"The Humble Bee" - Yellow 83 T4WD SR5 6spd
"The Goose" - Grey 86 T4WD DLX Auto (orphan to be saved)
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

That's great! Looks like the cartoon characters left their trunk unlocked though!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5