A little angry right now

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

A little angry right now

Post by Mattel »

My friend saw this being towed and sent me a photo message and I called the wrecker whose name was on the photo. They refused to sell it to me. It was so complete with the clean interior and even books. Probably the transmission needed replacing. But still.

http://80shero.blogspot.com.au/2017/05/ ... ercel.html

Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Re: A little angry right now

Post by BaileySims »

What a damn shame. Such a beautiful car!
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Great photos from your friend.
I wonder why the "kink" in the 4WD selector?
The PO certainly took care of this car - what a shame.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

ARCHINSTL wrote:Great photos from your friend.
I wonder why the "kink" in the 4WD selector?
The PO certainly took care of this car - what a shame.
Tom M.
Hi Tom,
I've noticed that kink is only in the '85 wagons in australia. also the selector is a little longer. The Australian post '85 wagons also had the tiltometer optional as you can see here.
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

what a shame. since they are determined to wreck it, see if you can get that front bumper for me and get is shipped to the states. I want one of those for mine.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

Petros wrote:what a shame. since they are determined to wreck it, see if you can get that front bumper for me and get is shipped to the states. I want one of those for mine.
I would if going past. I am heading to Indonesia this weekend for a couple of weeks. I've told Jony that this car is there in case he needs some parts. Maybe drop him a line?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

not sure shipping would be worth it, but no worries. enjoy your trip.

If it is still there when you get back let me know what it would cost to get it shipped. That I might consider it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

I will get one to you one day Petros..
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I know a stranger is back, me, but anyway I just poked in this thread to express my compassion to you Mattel. I wish that car was yours. If you even spot the matching VS 4WD Sedan sold originally in Japan but personally exported to countries like Russia and the like, I suggest buying that as well, then you'd have something huge to brag to other Tercel fans about!
K-Business