Hello from North Carolina!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Hello from North Carolina!

Post by Petros »

Pick n Pull is great place to find mufflers. I found a nice all stainless steel sport muffler on a "ricer" Civic (badly wrecked) in a pick n pull. $15, and had the local exhaust shop install it when the rest of my system rusted away. makes the Tercel sound more powerful than it is. I also found a perfect match for my wife's Mazda MPV with a brand new exhaust stem, two mufflers and all new pipe. I bought it all, with the hangers, for $30 (they charged me for 2 mufflers), and it was a bolt on install. Replaced the rusted out factory system (after about 300k miles).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Hiro
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel FWD 5spd

Post by Hiro »

This e-mail has been sent in reference to one of the items from your current order:

ADO-45H1055 COIL SPRING SET
ADO-45H3068 SPRING SET RR

Unfortunately, we have just been advised by the manufacturer that this item is no longer going to be available. Because of this, we are unable to get this item from the manufacturer.
Well that sucks... I need to find another supplier for the springs. Mine are old and worn. I'll take a look later tonight, but I'm open to suggestions... I think Orielly's had some rear ones... Maybe I could use spacers to take up the sag that these springs have, though honestly they should just be replaced for safety at some point.
'86 T2 DLX (114,000 miles and counting)
'90 EE4 RT4WD
'92 EG VX Hatch
'95 YJ 4.0L
'05 C6 Z51 (460rwhp)
siebzy
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5

Post by siebzy »

The muffler fell of my Terc 4 just before i bought it! Previous owner reported same thing - just fell off suddenly while driving. Gone without for a while now - it's not a loud car and here in MT noone really gives a damn.