my favorit Tercel4wd video

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

my favorit Tercel4wd video

Post by Petros »

this looks like fun, and a very brave driver. I have always liked this video, but I wonder where it was filmed. I can not identify the language they are speaking, eastern Europe perhaps? Sound almost like a middle east language, but that area does not look like the middle east. any one have a guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dENUYo1ce_U
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: my favorit Tercel4wd video

Post by Mattel »

I think that guy was from Lebanon. There are a lot of Europe's old Tercels there.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
4doorVIP
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 Wagon

Post by 4doorVIP »

so cool lol
2JZGTE-powered Tercel SR5
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

There are mountainous areas of Iran, Lebanon, and elsewhere in the area that get snow. It is just not what you think of when you think middle east.

There was once a swanky ski resort in the mountains of Lebanon I read about in a book, the brits used it for mountain troops ski training during WW2. A plumb assignment if you loved the mountains, hardly any action seen by the special mountain troops. Training was pretty grueling, particularly since it was typical flabby British recruits from affluent well connected families that got their sons assigned to the mountain division (it started with a 75 percent wash out rate, until they assigned a former Olympic ski champion and mountain climber to take it over).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)