NWMO & ARCHINSTL - Together At Last!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

NWMO & ARCHINSTL - Together At Last!

Post by ARCHINSTL »

NWMO (Chris) and his family drove down from NWST MO for a concert in STL yesterday, and we got together at their hotel before the concert.
YES - he is 8' tall and I am 4' in stature!
I will mention that Chris offered to let me stand on the curb to kinda even things out a bit - whippersnapper!
OK, I exaggerated "just a bit" as you can tell. Hey - when I was young I was 5'9" proud - now I ain't neither...
Anyway, we had a great time and schmoozed about Tercs for about two hours and had a grand time! Unfortunately, he was "persuaded' by his BW to leave his Terc at home - no AC and it is HOTHOTHOT here this summer!
Check out the photos!
I will proudly add that Goldie ran flawlessly when we took a short drive (no hiccups or even snorts) - and - the little creaks & squeaks from the plastic dash bits that usually manifest themselves in the heat of the Summer were absent! You rock, Goldie! :D
Tom M.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: NWMO & ARCHINSTL - Together At Last!

Post by Petros »

8)
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Great to see you guys meeting up looks almost tropical there or is it just your normal outfit Tom?
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Matt - MO is not exactly "tropical," save in the humidity!
Yup - carpenter's shorts and a sport shirt are my Summer wear and colorful Vans are my choice of shoes all-year long.
I gave up socks when I retired, save for weddings and funerals (at my age, not enough of the former and way too many of the latter...)
Tom
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey Tom,

Great getting to meet you and Goldie. I assume BW stands for "beautiful wife" :). We did have a very nice visit and I hope to take the Rusty Frog back later this fall sometime. My BIL (wife's side) and family, as well as an uncle live there too so it is nice to get down there.

If you want to show your teenage kids (particularly girls) you're not entirely out of touch, let them know an aquaintence went to the Twenty-One Pilots concert. There were a few of us old farts, all with their kids. Honestly though, I love their music and really enjoyed the concert.

Chris

PS - Thanks for getting out to visit Tom, I enjoyed and appreciate it. Next time I'll have the Frog.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Great to put faces to the names :oldgeek:

Should try to put some sort of gathering together one day.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

NWMO wrote:If you want to show your teenage kids (particularly girls) you're not entirely out of touch, let them know an acquaintance went to the Twenty-One Pilots concert.
WHAT ? ? ? ME? "Entirely" out of touch? :o
How many 76-year old gpaws wear Vans and have a ponytail (and having the PT, do NOT own a Harley!!!)?
:P
Tom
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

Tom, clearly you are not out of touch (maybe one foot still back in the late 60s, but not out of touch :) ). The line about "teenage kids" was directed at other readers here with teenage children, I would expect most teenage kids in your circle are grandkids! I will be in touch and continue to work on the Rusty Frog so we can make it down for a visit. It would be great to get a small "group" of the Tercel owners/cars together for a pic and visit. Who's within a few hours of St. Louis that would be interested (besides Tom and me)?

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain