Quick update

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: toyota

Quick update

Post by JDNightFox »

Hey guys! Haven't been around much for the past few months but thought I would update you all on my projects, especially irowiki

so, I picked up both cars around the end of last year, they sat in my yard untouched until May. I tried getting the gray one running in December but it wouldn't run on its own and I had limited time to work on them so I just left it there. Well I finally got around to it the end of May and I primed the fuel system this time before starting it and it fired right up! Gray car is good to go!

The gold car was a little more exciting. After a trip to a Tucson junk yard I came back with pretty much every part that the car was missing, the A/C pulley, rear wiper, passenger mirror, driver side visor, etc

After a thorough vacuuming I got the car looking neat and tidied up, as well as put on all the parts so it was a complete car again!!! Wow!!

Then came the fun part, the gas tank was at about 1/2 and who knows how long it had been sitting (the fuel was orange colored) so I put a bottle of octane boost, fuel stabilizer, and 5 gallons of regular gas to dilute it out before I primed the fuel system, then tried getting that car going.

After a good half hour of constant cranking and putting fuel in the carb throat, it roared to life!!

Now it just needs some tires!

ignore the mismatched wheel/tire combos, I had to keep switching the wheels around so I could move the cars
Pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/ox6yP
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Quick update

Post by Mattel »

Amazing landscapes!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member

Post by JDNightFox »

Mattel wrote:Amazing landscapes!
Thanks! This is in north/west AZ at my parents house in rural
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Post by helipilot77 »

Darn I wish you were close to Seattle. My car came with an extra set of mounted tires in the back of it. Not a whole lot of tread on them, but I'm gonna have to pay to get rid of them. :cry:
. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member

Post by JDNightFox »

helipilot77 wrote:Darn I wish you were close to Seattle. My car came with an extra set of mounted tires in the back of it. Not a whole lot of tread on them, but I'm gonna have to pay to get rid of them. :cry:
Haha yeah I wish you were closer too because I'm looking for a cheap set of roller wheels for it!!!
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

I got some wheels I need to get rid of.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

What size are the wheels on the back, 16"?
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member

Post by JDNightFox »

Jonymoto wrote:What size are the wheels on the back, 16"?
14" rim with a 27" A/T

tucks in pretty good, haven't driven the car enough to see how well turning is but it definitely can only go 62mph in 5th gear now
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member

Post by JDNightFox »

BaileySims wrote:I got some wheels I need to get rid of.
wheels that can hold air?
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

That's about what they do. They have been sitting in my hot ass garage for quite awhile. Original toyota rims but the tires are miss matched and have some heat cracks.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

JDNightFox wrote:
Mattel wrote:Amazing landscapes!
Thanks! This is in north/west AZ at my parents house in rural
JDNightFox,

Our church just returned from a mission trip to Globe, AZ helping 3:18 ministries in San Carlos and surrounding area. Twenty of us total, more youth than adults. I see NW AZ looks very similar, some beautiful scenery for sure, particularly the "painted" desert and driving through the mountains. Congrats on getting the Tercels running.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain