Where to connect the Accelerator Cable Bracket in RHD 1987 Tercel

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Dumindu
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota tercle 4wd DX Wagon 1452CC

Where to connect the Accelerator Cable Bracket in RHD 1987 Tercel

Post by Dumindu »

My car is a Toyota Tercel 1987 4WD 1452CC DX Wagon (AL25RG-ZWFDS). It has a Aisan 14120 carburetor. It is a RHD car.

I have disassembled the carburetor for repair. I couldn't take some photos before remove the carb (Big mistake !).

I have done all the jobs properly and when to install the carb, the final thing, I cant remember the way and the location of connection of the accelerator cable bracket.

I searched in the internet. But all the vehicles are LHD. Its bracket and the location is different from the RHD car.

So please anyone who is having a Right Hand Drive (RHD) car can give me a photo of your carb showing the location of connection of the Accelerator Cable Bracket (Throttle Cable Bracket)

Would be a big help !
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Where to connect the Accelerator Cable Bracket in RHD 1987 Tercel

Post by Mattel »

Hi Dumindu,
I'm not aware of any active members with RHD Tercel 4wds currently. We do get them and I have a friend with one but it is stored a few hundred kms away from his house.
What might be good for you is to find an AE70 or similar year Corolla locally to you with a 3ac or 4ac engine. You could possibly do some image searches online for ae70, corolla, 3ac, 4ac etc. There might be a Toyota car club in your part of the world where someone has the same engine?
Keep looking, good luck!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Dumindu
Top Notch Member

Post by Dumindu »

Thanks Mattel.

Your advice was so helpful. I followed some Youtube videos on AE70 and Corolla 3A engines. I found some RHD cars. I merely saw that the bracket is connected with the same screws that connect the middle 1/3(body) and the lower(floor) 1/3 of the carburetor. It is located in the Right side of the carburetor.

Then my memory came back and I could remember when I disassemble the carb, certain things were connected to those screws.

So I could finalize the job properly.

Thanks for your advice.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Great news Dumindu,

I am so glad you persevered with your issue and rectified the problem. You can also use a lot of engine parts from the AE70 including larger 4ac engines. Good luck and thanks for getting in contact

BTW You live in an amazing part of the world!
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Dumindu
Top Notch Member

Post by Dumindu »

I am from Sri Lanka. Britain and all the old Britain colonies are having Left Hand Traffic. So vehicles are RDH.

See this,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_an ... nd_traffic

Thanks.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

Same here in Australia. It is good for Japanese spare parts!

My father was in Sweden on the day they turned from Left side driving to Right side traffic in 1967 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagen_H Image
Dumindu
Top Notch Member

Post by Dumindu »

Nice to see this photo.

In sri Lanka, only a few Tercel cars are available (30-40). They were imported for the state plantation companies. I bought this from such a person. So no nearby cars to observe the specs. I saw a car for sale at a local website and contact the person. He told he will send some photos and I gave the email but he didn't do so.

Somehow,thanks for your guidance from Australia.