"Bernie-mobile" Tercel at local wrecking yard.

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Samyo
My tercel:: 84 sr5

Re: "Bernie-mobile" Tercel at local wrecking yard.

Post by Samyo »

Or if anybody can confirm the windshield trim is still on the car I would make a trip up to Arlington.
Samyo
My tercel:: 84 sr5

Post by Samyo »

Almost forgot. Are the mud flaps still there? I'm missing my rear passenger flap.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I think the mud flaps were present, not sure if all were there, but I saw several at least.

Windsheild trim was present as i recall. I have not been back for several weeks, my schedule did not allow it and it has been pouring rain for several weeks.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

Mad Marx,

I could not find a price for the combo head light/turn signal switch, they have separate price for each but on the Tercel they are in the same assembly. the combined price would be about $36, but more likely they would charge less for the assembly as headlight switch + misc switch, but that depends on who is at the cash register. if I can get the steering wheel off without too much trouble (usually I can), it only takes a few min to get it out. Shipping might be as much as $16, it does not weigh much, but it is bulky and would have to go in a fairly large box. So I can get it to you for about $52 or so, presuming it is still avilable and working. I can actually test it for you when I pull the steering wheel off on my current project for other reasons, it would be easy to just plug it in and operate all the switches to verify they work.

BTW, what is wrong with your switch assembly? they are designed to be able to take it appart and clan up the contacts (fine file followed by wet and dry sand paper on the contacts). Try taking it off, open the cover on the switch (carefully) and than clean up the pitted contacts. I also like bent the small springs to make better contact if they are weak. lubricate the moving parts with touches of moly grease and put it all back together. If there are actually broken parts, it is much easier to just replace it.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I made another visit to Bernie today. one of the things I wanted was gone, someone took both forward doors. I need the latch off the drivers side. the front suspension is still present and much of the underhood parts are present, including the carb. starter and alternator.

Mad marx, if you want the combo control stock I picked it up today, it was half price.

Samyo, the winsheild trim was present.

It is only a few rows away from being sent to the crusher, so if there is anything you want you need to hurry, it will not be there much longer. This weekend is the best time to go anyway since it is 50 percent off everything from the yard.