WTB 3ac or 4ac engine

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
DeadlockRiff
My tercel:: 1983 Toyota Tercel SR5 Wagon

WTB 3ac or 4ac engine

Post by DeadlockRiff »

Hello everyone, I'm on the search for a 3-AC block or a 4ac engine (complete, to my knowledge the swap is somewhat easy.

My 3AC threw a rod, so I'm looking for anything between a pure empty block to a complete assembly. All it will change is whether or not I need to rebuild what I buy but I'll take anything.

I just want to get her in the road again, it's the most fun car I've ever had, regardless of how slow it is. :D

I'm located in Belle Chasse, Louisiana, 70037 (South of New Orleans). Let me know what you have and I'll work with you. Please and thank you.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: WTB 3ac or 4ac engine

Post by Petros »

pretty costly to ship an engine cross country (likely Fed Ex freight is best bet, about $200). the 4ac came in a number of different models, including a short lived Chevy nova based on the corrolla. So you might search the local yards for all model and year cars that carried the 4ac. It is an upgrade worth doing, the little bit of extra power makes it much more drivable, and it swaps right in. I also think the 4ac is a little more durable, they improved the coolant circulation in the head.

good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)