Fenders

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
SixtenSason
My tercel:: Tercel Al25 1986 stock 1.5 52KW Duo tone green paint

Fenders

Post by SixtenSason »

Hi everyone. I just joined the forum. I'm from Holland but moved to Austria in 2014, and bought a Tercel al25 from 1986, 71hp. It was pretty rusty, but got it all done, except for the front fenders.. There no where to be found here in austria, and mine are not to be fixed anymore.. Does anyone have an idea where i can get left en right front fenders :(?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Fenders

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum,

even in the US, all would be used from wrecking yards. likely shipping costs would also be high. I had considered making molds to make fiberglass front fenders. Saves weight and they would not rust out. Though not sure it is worth the effort to just a make a few for the rare people that want to keep their old toyota running.

the fenders from all second generation (or mk 2) Tercel are all the same, fwd two door hatch, four door, wagon and 4wd wagon. fwd cars and wagons from '83-86, and fwd and 4wd wagons '87-88 will all interchange.

A local yard has an '86 fwd with one good fender I considered getting, but the effort and prices are kind of high. shipping to Ausria I would think is pretty high too, it would have to go in a big heavy box to protect it.

good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

I would set up some search alerts on french, german and swiss ebay as they will come up eventually, and they seem to be the main countries these cars were sold in Europe.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
SixtenSason

Post by SixtenSason »

Nice, thanks for the replies guys. Ohhh its such a hassle to keep the toyota running, there so rusty! At least here, where there is alot of salt on the roads in winter, and theyre real winter cars here...
SixtenSason

Post by SixtenSason »

So i can buy one left front fender, from an AL20 from 1984. That will suit my '86 i guess then
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

yes, they should be the same. I have swapped over 2wd and 4wd fenders from different years and could not see a difference between them. In fact I was lucky enough to get the same color and it matched perfectly, so I did not have to paint it either.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
donnyre
My tercel:: 95 Tercel

Post by donnyre »

I agree that AL20 fender can be your best option if you can't really find the correct one. Are you planning to use a different paint color for your car?