WTB FWD Wagon Rear Bumper

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

WTB FWD Wagon Rear Bumper

Post by rer233 »

OK on Saturday some Bozo (Bozette) girl ran into the back of my '87 FWD wagon while I was stopped at a red light, split the bumper cover and shoved the right side of the stiffener maybe 3/4" forward. No insurance, no money, etc. I figured no big deal, I'll just pull the bumper off my totaled '87 SR5 (also hit in the back) swap covers, and straighten or shim the right side out 'till it looks OK. I'd read here somewhere that 2WD and 4WD bumpers were different (they are) but the covers look to be the same. It appears the only difference is the spacing between the mounting brackets.

So I pulled the cover off the 4WD and saw that stiffener is pretty badly bent. Next I pulled the bumper assembly off the 2WD and discovered it's pretty much destroyed (rust.)

Anyway, looks like I pretty much need a 2WD bumper ass'y (or at least the stiffener.) Any body here have one they'd like to sell? Doesn't have to be pristine or anything (heaven knows the car isn't) just not a complete ball of rust like the one I already have. Sad thing is, a few years back, (well QUITE a few years back) I scrapped a perfectly good one on an '84 FWD wagon I'd wrecked in the front. Guess you can't save everything!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rich.
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: WTB FWD Wagon Rear Bumper

Post by Petros »

throw a wood 2x4 bumper on it!

factory fwd rear bumper may be had to find, might consider making a new metal bumper if you have metal working/welding skills.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: WTB FWD Wagon Rear Bumper

Post by ARCHINSTL »

ANY identicality between the 4WD bumper and that of the 2WD wagons or sedans?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain