Parts parts parts

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Hiro
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel FWD 5spd

Re: Parts parts parts

Post by Hiro »

There's a guy local to me that's parting out an 84 tercel. I'll find out more details.

Personally, I'm interested in the SR5 gauge cluster. Would love to have a tach for the right price. :)
'86 T2 DLX (114,000 miles and counting)
'90 EE4 RT4WD
'92 EG VX Hatch
'95 YJ 4.0L
'05 C6 Z51 (460rwhp)
Steve o 77
My tercel:: 1983 Toyota TRDcel base model

Post by Steve o 77 »

xirdneh wrote:I have one for cost of shipping
Awesome! PM me your paypal and I'll send you some funds and my address.

Thanks
Steve o 77

Post by Steve o 77 »

helipilot77 wrote:
Steve o 77 wrote:Alright this will be a long shot but I'm looking for the part in the transmission that the shifter ball sits in. It's the cast iron "arm" that connects to the main selector rod inside the extension housing.

Mine somehow rusted so bad that the shifter ball has a ton of play in there.

Another long shot but I'm also looking for a driveshaft with good u joints. Looking for the front section with the carrier bearing.

Thanks!!!
Are you sure you don't just need the bushing that goes over the ball?
Yeah I thought the same thing but after pulling the little arm off it's obvious that my extension housing shifter box area was filled with water for what looks like about 30 years haha. The centering spring thing is completely frozen, I tried freeing it up but there's no way. Also the socket for the shifter ball is totally corroded away leaving lots of slop.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Do you want another housing?
I have lots of transmission parts free to a good home
Steve o 77

Post by Steve o 77 »

Gottolovem wrote:Do you want another housing?
I have lots of transmission parts free to a good home
You're awesome, the housing itself is ok, the oil pump looked good. If you can spare it I would take a centering spring loaded plug thing, I don't need the entire housing though.

I was just going to run my frozen one and deal with the shifter not auto centering (it's frozen in the compressed position).
Hiro
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel FWD 5spd

Post by Hiro »

parts car is a sedan automatic. no help to us :(
'86 T2 DLX (114,000 miles and counting)
'90 EE4 RT4WD
'92 EG VX Hatch
'95 YJ 4.0L
'05 C6 Z51 (460rwhp)
NickC809
My tercel:: 1985 T4WD

Post by NickC809 »

No longer needing the vacuum advance...but! I need the climate control assembly and all the cables. My cables froze up due to the car sitting for 12 years..whoops. I need the AC model assembly preferably.
C130
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 280K Lift and 195 75 14.

Post by C130 »

Hi, looking for the left front sr5 plastic trim piece by the tire. And an ashtray. Climate controls as well. Previous owner had a jammed selector valve (not sure what it's called) and forced the knob to hot, shearing the arm. Pulled the glovebox and left it flipped to heat for now. Thanks!
C130
Advanced Member

Post by C130 »

Just saw your post Nick, same story here. I freed up the cable and was thinking worse case I could still out the center rivet holding the assembly together. Source the piece I need and use a bolt of the correct diameter to secure it together. I pulled the cable and widened the plastic around the cable enough to spray some penetrant in there. Sprayed it in there good and stuffed it in the open hood to keep it upright. Freed up pretty good.
Clhall1993
My tercel:: 1983,tercel,4wd wagon,stock

Post by Clhall1993 »

Petros wrote:
Clhall1993 wrote:Looking for a air cleaner still got it
do you still need an aircleaner assembly? I ran across two spares in my garage, you are welcome to one if you still need it.
I'm needing the top bought an 83 and was missing what would be the price and shipping? definitely need one
1984 baja tercel wagon,project vehicle 2in lift custom light bar,grille guard 8 kc lights total luggage rack sitting on miata 15s all terain tires 5 speed
1985 tercel 4wd wagon (dailey driver) (rust bucket)5 speed
1994 corolla 1.8 5 speed
2016 corolla s 1.8 7speed auto/manual
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

just want the top? You can have the whole assembly if you want it, I have no need for two spares.

where are you located. USPS in lower 48 USA should be less than $10 for all of it I would think.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
NickC809
My tercel:: 1985 T4WD

Post by NickC809 »

Heya C130,
So I tried doing that awhile back and as I was reassembling everything a few of the cables broke. Not too surprising actually. The car spent 12 years sitting in a field in the hot hot heat of Californian summers and everything got roasted/toasted all the way through. So now I'm just trying to source the entire assembly so I can soak it all for a few days.

As to your repair that's exactly what I did. I managed to get the through "bolt" out and sourced another one of those star hold down washers. It all works minus the broken cables. So I'm searchin for the whole dealio now!
C130
Advanced Member

Post by C130 »

NickC809 wrote:Heya C130,
So I tried doing that awhile back and as I was reassembling everything a few of the cables broke. Not too surprising actually. The car spent 12 years sitting in a field in the hot hot heat of Californian summers and everything got roasted/toasted all the way through. So now I'm just trying to source the entire assembly so I can soak it all for a few days.

As to your repair that's exactly what I did. I managed to get the through "bolt" out and sourced another one of those star hold down washers. It all works minus the broken cables. So I'm searchin for the whole dealio now!
Yeah its probably going to be the toughest find for me. I saw that someone was able to weld the sheared temp control lever back together but the whole assembly has to come out. I see that in my future. Also I had trouble getting my cable to move smoothly even after all the lubing. I wonder if the routing was incorrect creating more of an angle requiring more force. who knows...Got the new wheels tires and suspension done tho. So that's a positive. If you are able to source any parts keep us in the loop. Good luck!
C130
Advanced Member

Post by C130 »

Oh and just noticed your in auburn, I'm in Sac.
Mortburns
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota trecel sr5 4x4 wagon 6 speed...her name is whiny!

Post by Mortburns »

I need a transmission for my 85 sr5 wagon.