► WISE INSURANCE COMPANY ADVICE! ◄

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

► WISE INSURANCE COMPANY ADVICE! ◄

Post by ARCHINSTL »

So_Powerful wrote:Since that accident I've consistently checked and copied ads for tercels for sale in the province so I have more ammo to use against the insurance companies.
XLNT idea from member So_Powerful!
This would be pertinent for ANY kind of damage, whether from a fender-bender or from a totalled situation.
Our cars are getting scarcer and scarcer, so any way we can prove they are a "cult car" with a large and international following should help; it works for BritMobiles and AmericanIron, so why not ours?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: ► WISE INSURANCE COMPANY ADVICE! ◄

Post by terceldude »

LOL! Ammo against the insurance companies! :D Clever use of the words! :)
K-Business
lurvemytercel
My tercel:: 1988 Tercel Wagon AutoTrans 4wd

Post by lurvemytercel »

This article might help: http://m.autos.aol.com/article/breaking ... e-pinkman/

On paper, the 1983 Toyota Tercel isn't much to get excited about. The vehicle turns 30 years old this year. It has faded red paint. Its square design looks hilariously dated. Hubcaps are absent. An estimated value of $750 would probably be considered generous.

When you consider intangibles, however, it's no wonder this little four-wheel-drive junker might be one of the most sought-after vehicles on the used-car market today.

The car officially belongs to Mike Faris Auto Wholesale in Albuquerque, N.M. Unofficially, it belongs to Jesse Pinkman, the fictional crystal meth-dealer from the hit show "Breaking Bad."

The Tercel is not the primary one driven by Pinkman, played by Aaron Paul, on the show. It's an extra, on hand should something unfortunate happen to the main Tercel. Even as an extra, the car is generating an enormous amount of interest.

Faris reports that offers of more than $2,000 have been received, and that he expects the number to climb. Prospective buyers will need to be patient, however. Faris won't sell the car until producers are done shooting the hit show.

When he does sell the car, Faris tells the New York Daily News that any profits made will be donated to charity.

"When the new episodes start, we're going to sell the car and use the proceeds toward drug-addiction treatment," he said.
prelyt
My tercel:: 1987 SR5 4x4

Post by prelyt »

I would be lying if I said the main reason for buying my 85 tercel wasnt because Jesse Pinkman drove one.
CathodeRayTube
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 4x4 Automatic - restored

Post by CathodeRayTube »

I owned my Tercel before i ever became aware of Breaking Bad...however the only reason i started watching it was because of Jessies Tercel...i now consider it one of my favorite shows.
86 T4 DX 4x4 - Diesel Swap project
85 T4 DX 4x4 Automatic
83 T4 SR5 - junker/parts
94 4Runner V6
86 Mercury Grand Marquis
88 Lincoln Town Car
90 Yugo GV+
85 F250 dually 6.9 turbo diesel
81 VW Rabbit Turbo diesel project
drege
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Hadatercel

Post by drege »

I am just now rewatching it, I swear I saw a 4WD badge on the liftgate . . . .
EDIT: I didn't think it was a 4WD - nor did I expect that Aaron Paul could drive a stick.
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

It's actually a FWD they stuck a 4WD front end on.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

thought I should post these pics here for insurance purposes. If anyone else has screenshots that might be helpful for fighting "the man" in regards to the proper value of a Tercel 4WD I'd encourage posting here for future reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.