Lifting a Terk?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Lifting a Terk?

Post by irowiki »

He might mean the center console that would go where the ebrake handle is!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

I agree and think I might have to try that I got an extra 2nd gen 4 runner
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
Mcmattlds
My tercel:: 83 4wd ..lifted custom exaust all sr5 add ons

Post by Mcmattlds »

:D
Last edited by Mcmattlds on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mcmattlds

Post by Mcmattlds »

Sorry my late reply ..I did mean the arm rest center console peice and will get to that but in the next paragragh , so I did look at one before the mounting brackets are different but the inclometor looks exactly like the same part so I think you would either have to find the tercel mounting brackets or maby get creative and build some ..there's also an issue because the 4runners are in the dash and the tercel one had a separate cover but I did find the delux model has the wiring aready there for a inclometor its buried up high in the dash but its there ready to plug in , I though that was kinda cool..
So the center console between the seats It fits in a bit squashy as to I have honda seats In the tercel thats was a bit of a job 2 there out of i believe a late 90s accord 3 of four bolts went in per seat after a bit of bending the tabs and I just made a bracket to reach the 4th... ..lol..but I made a small bracket and managed to get a couple screws in to hold the center console down and the compartment space in there is awesome also a great arm rest something the tercels always lacked!!! Also I found the little water sprayer for the rear wiper, the inside roof light cover and most the relays to be the same in the 94 4runners and earlier ...and as long as im spilling my yota love out the old cressida has an intermittent wiper switch thats tits but it only fits on the power steering models to my knowledge but I could be wrong on that yet I have done atleast 2 non power steering to powersteering swaps on the tercels. ..also the front shocks of the 4 door jeep Cherokee i believe the mid 90s version fit on the back shocks of the tercel for a bit if extra shock travel that has been most appreciated in my tercel also more heavy duty..you have to pop out the stud in the middle of the bushing on the bottom of the shock itself ,so it will slide over the shock prong thing where it bolts on the rear diff mount .its reslly easy though.I've been finding them on Craigs list dirt cheap as to people upgrade and put on lift kits and sell there old shocks usually in great shape almost new but yet still nice and affordable
Mcmattlds

Post by Mcmattlds »

Oh and on the Nitro thing I've read about the tercel trannys a lot and thers a soft metal gear in the trannys I think its called the spider gear and they can only handle 120 hp max, any more and it shreds it and good fixing that if yer not an expert at manual transmission rebuilds ..but the thought of nitros on a tercel 4wd is nice!!