My new 86

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Benjco
My tercel:: '86 Tercel 4wd SR5

My new 86

Post by Benjco »

Hello folks. Figured I would put up a brief post after reading many of the forum postings. I drove a fine '85 SR5 from 1998 to 2002 (first car). Took me a while to realize what I was missing, until I found this nice two-tone '86 a few weeks ago.
terc2.gif
I'm living in Bismarck, ND, so unfortunately many of the area's Tercels have rusted out by now. This car spent 30 years in Oregon before getting sold off in Denver. It's largely rust free, but has an ugly dent on the rear driver side corner and hatch . My brother lives nearby and picked it up for me for $2,000 (wish he had negotiated for less, but what are you gonna do). We needed to replace the front driver's side wheel bearing before I drove it home; it was roaring so loud over 50 I couldn't hear or feel the engine. But after that it seems to run and shift well. It only has 125,000 miles, so hopefully many more to follow. I plan to pour on more as a daily driver, and I'm looking forward to eating snow come winter.

Thanks for an awesome forum. The repair guides and youtube videos are a tremendous resource. It certainly made that wheel bearing job easier. Next up is a loose ignition switch, that doesn't spring return from start.

I hope to share some Tercel stories moving forward, and I if I run into issues I know where to come. Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Benjco on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
'86 Tercel 4wd SR5
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: My new 86

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

nice Tercel4wd! share more pics if you get a chance.

We visited Bismark in April, on a road trip, in fact I think we stayed in a hotel in Bismark.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: My new 86

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome to the Club!
As you've noted, the tips and tricks and mods from our members to keep our little guys running are tremendous!
Just enjoy!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain