Hello

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Toadrancher11
My tercel:: 85 wagon4x4

Hello

Post by Toadrancher11 »

Greetings everyone
I just received my first tercel 4x4wagon it is an 85 no sr5 just plain been looking for one for about 2 years
Now I am so stoked I love all 62 horsepower
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Hello

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome to the Club!
MANY helpful peeps here.
But - if you have a technical question - do a Search first!
Where are you located?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Toadrancher11

Post by Toadrancher11 »

Across the river from you
In e-ville
Last edited by Toadrancher11 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toadrancher11

Post by Toadrancher11 »

this is the 3rd tercel I have owned but the first wagon, just love it.
Toadrancher11

Post by Toadrancher11 »

Here it is
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Across which river from moi? I think both IL and MO could currently qualify as "states of confusion" - at least their Legislatures ...
Looks nice - no rust? It's not from the Midwest, is it? You even have the luggage cover!
Details!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Toadrancher11

Post by Toadrancher11 »

I'm in Ill e-ville should have given it away. It has about 48 thou Miles on it might have been a Lou fuze showroom demo model it has a lot of options like Cruz ac delay wipers it also has an auto tranny I am going to put front break pads on it sometime this week and it needs as lube job on the drive train but underneath it is very clean almost no rust I just hope it lives up to the tercel reliability and isn't a Lemmon.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

HA - I bought my new '83 in late '82 from Lou Fusz here in Kirkwood!
The only thing negative about the AT version is the huge amount of revs at highway speeds; the AT version was really more of an "in-town" car.
48K is just unbelievable; I think it is THE lowest of anyone's here! Was it a tow-behind an RV or ? to account for the low mileage?

Before changing the front diff fluid - be sure to read the posts on it ! ! ! Dunno about changing the AT fluid, though; check the FSM available in the General Forum and download it.

I did not catch the "e-ville" part of our previous post.
HA - I was just there Friday night! My old HS, CBC, "kinda won" over Edwardsville in football. That campus is just yuge! Very impressive facilities!
Quite a band as well! I am Class of '58.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Toadrancher11

Post by Toadrancher11 »

No it wasn't a tow behind it was a dealer demo from what I understand is it sat mostly on the show room floor when I bought it it needed the carb rebuilt so I had a shop replace it there is a lot I would like to learn about these cars I used to build mustangs in my younger days my wife had a 2 door dx tercel when I first met her and it sold me on them on how simple it was to work on and how tuff and reliable they are hers wasn't a speed demon but it was a blast to drive now I am not all that interested in horsepower and torque more in fun and reliability also my wife can not drive a stick, only an automatic, and no she can not learn she has to have hand controls so I guess I got lucky and found a clean one that needs a little matenence. What more can I say.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ "Daisy221:" Advise the year and VIN of your Tercel and the date of manufacture or you will be deleted.
Also post your actual city.
The reason is that your IP and and name have been associated with spam on any number of differing sites in the last couple of years - and you did not respond to queries on those sites ...
You have used the identical opening sentence (with poor sentence construction for a 'university professor' ...) on numerous sites ...
I would suggest that no one clicks on the link in "her" post.
Thanks,
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

It's just a spambot tom :lol:
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
shinchane101
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel 4WD

Post by shinchane101 »

Congratulations on your new Tercel 4x4wagon! Even without the SR5, it sounds like you've found a real Partidos gem. Enjoy every bit of those 62 horsepower – happy driving.