Headed to the shop!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Headed to the shop!

Post by NWMO »

Wish me success,

Hoping for a good day at the shop! Front struts, springs and mounts, plus inner tie rods.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Headed to the shop!

Post by NWMO »

Getting started earlier. The joint between the inner and outer tie rod has fought the most thus far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

T4WD augury?

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Just took lunch, everything off, headed in the right direction. Side by side of springs, the new ones are slightly larger diameter steel.
Last edited by NWMO on Sun May 07, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Struts appeared to be original equipment. One done, one to go.

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Original strut.

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Well, I added oodles of height, will have to see how it drives and how long the old half-shafts last. I Iike the look, levels the car nicely. Now to get an alignment and put the wheels/tires on.
Last edited by NWMO on Sun May 07, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

OK,

Based on old posts and some measurements I took over a year ago, here are the final results.

Pathfinder springs added to rear, Moog 81043 coil springs added in the front ($40/pr delivered).

old vs spec vs now

Front 8.5 vs 9.25 vs 10.38 (inches)
Rear 10.38 vs 10.75 vs 12.00 (inches)

If these numbers are right, I should still be in a reasonable range for the half-shafts. That would be great. I'll check again with the new wheels/tires (should add another 1+").

Love the new stance.

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain