OK - Gonna Sound A Little Weird, But ...

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

OK - Gonna Sound A Little Weird, But ...

Post by ARCHINSTL »

HEY - I'm well into in my seventh decade, so cut me some slack!

After viewing some recent pix of their rides (Mason and cromagmom and so many others), I gaze upon Goldie (and reflecting on my then-new '83 'Whitie')...
Heretofore, my favorite "cars with a countenance" have been the immortal Morris Minor and esp. the Bugeye Sprite, but I must add our T4WD's!
Granted, their faces may not compare with the Morris or the Sprite, but their side views certainly do.

How many of the vehicles of the '80's (or even up until today) offer the same kind of room in a similar package?

It is simply amazing how many T4WD's have "come out of the woodwork" since the founding of the Club back in 2004!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: OK - Gonna Sound A Little Weird, But ...

Post by irowiki »

I'm not sure how similar you'd consider it, but I'm pretty happy with the room in our Camry Wagon! (also needed something that could seat 7)

We had to ditch the tercels because of car seat / booster seat needs. (Jarf could tell you too)

Sadly there doesn't seem to be much newer than our third gen Camry to even compare to a wagon with this sort of room.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: OK - Gonna Sound A Little Weird, But ...

Post by Gottolovem »

For a modern package i would say the Chevy HHR panel. However I seriously doubt the Toyota reliability is there!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 7901392340

I have always liked the "look" of the ford flex as well bu MPG is not so good.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&uact=8