New brake M/C

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

New brake M/C

Post by NWMO »

Hey All,

Finally got the new brake master cylinder on and the brakes bled fine. It's much nicer driving with operational brakes. Cleaned and lubed the front window tracks on both sides so they are pretty good now too. I'm making one little mod to remount the antaena.

I never remember a stereo that switches from AM to FM and back the way this one does. I'm hoping to leave the stock unit and run a remote stereo hidden in the car somewhere, just use radio and usb? Not breaking the bank, so I may need to get creative.

Lots of little things need attention, planning to check/adjust valve clearance as I renew the leaky valve cover. I will also drain/renew the coolant as well. Need to trouble shoot my windshield washer motors (front and rear).

Likely take the car by a local small town mech to price some frame clean up & welding. Doing the work wouldn't be bad, but w/o a lift, I'd be on my back trying to weld and not get burned, doesn't sound fun. I may try to clean/grind/prep and even shape some repair pieces and just let him finish.

Looking forward to daily driving in a month or two. My 95' Prizm just turned 315k miles and is running great, just using some oil, but my older son should get his license in July.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

Re: New brake M/C

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

As for your radio solution, I've always like the idea of using a cheap small 4 channel amp and a bluetooth receiver hooked up to the input on the amp. Then you can use your phone to control the volume. After you tune the amp and set it up right, you can hide it somewhere, under a seat or somewhere similar, then you would be set and have a pretty nice sounding audio system. Wouldn't be able to use AM/FM though, but I personally don't use either anyway haha.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

That^^^^^

Or if your really trying to save money, you could just get an fm transmitter with that headphone wire. You can plug whatever into that but I'm not too sure how good the sound quality would be. I haven't used one of those since I was 18.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Thanks fellas,

I still have plenty of loose ends to tidy up, but appreciate your thoughts. On a budget, don't want to give up radio. At one time I thought you could receive at least FM through your phone?

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

If you're on a budget there's plenty of $30 radios that will do the job.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k