Radiator Replacement Drain Cock Numbers

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Radiator Replacement Drain Cock Numbers

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Attached is a photo showing the OE radiator drain cock and the number for its Dorman replacement. My saga began when I got the Dorman, only to discover that it did not fit my radiator, which I'd thought was OE. Perusing Dorman's page, as well as ALL of the parts houses' site told me it was correct. So, I thought I'd caught them all in an error... I then ordered the correct part, Toy # 23322-54010, from my local Toy dealer. Lo, it was the same as what I'd gotten from Advance, only nearly $3 more and without the O-ring.
It turned out that I had a "different" Toy (?) radiator which required a different plug - see https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10495

If anyone wants this Genuine Toy part, let me know: $3 plus postage, with an O-ring. Candidly, it looks identical to the Dorman part.
Tom M.

Left-click to enlarge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain