eBay '87 SR5 Athens, GA

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

eBay '87 SR5 Athens, GA

Post by ARCHINSTL »

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Low miles, but with that rust around the wheel well and on the hatch, it'd be nice to see pictures of the rockers and the frame. You'd think a GA car wouldn't have that much rot on it !!
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

That car was either on the beach a lot or was imported from the rust belt? Might still be saveable...but only if you live in the desert.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

It's the same colour and production year as mine. (JAN.1987)
Mine has the beige interior though and a lot less rust!
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
jimpomm
Advanced Member

Post by jimpomm »

I emailed the owner with Questions,here is the answer,
Hello. The tires are medium and the brakes were replace 3 years ago, but the vehicle has only been driven around 3,000 miles since then. The owner does not see any exhaust problems. The front and rear shocks are original, but he does not notice any problems. He also say there are no leaks. I have sold many different items, but never a car. In retrospect we should have had a mechanic look at the vehicle. The winner of the vehicle will get a cleaned car and a full mechanic report paid by us before delivery. If you decide you do not want it we will honor that and just relist it with the report. I have been on Ebay for over 9+ years and should have done this before listing. The car cranks fine and drives great. It is okay however many questions you want to ask. I just told the owner we should have gotten a full report before listing. You may end up getting a deal since we did not get a mechanic to check it out before listing, but will check it out before delivery. You then have the opportunity to have the report faxed to you. If you do not want to purchase it that is okay. Please respond.
Thank you,
Malcom
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Boy - this is a conscientious seller - and one who is chary about getting a negative feedback! He is really candid.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain